Moldoveanu Marius
Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭
I have followed your instructions. Rebooted in Safe Mode, changed the Product Update string in update_components.xml from 0 to 1, saved the xml edit, rebooted normally and did a manual BitDefender update. Update was about 6800 KB. BD Events view showed that a reboot was necessary to complete the update.

After the reboot completed I attempted to open Safepay and received the original popup notification that I posted originally when opening this thread that Acronis Scheduler Helper was preventing Safepay from opening. This was not the modified notification that had the option to Continue to Safepay that caused XP to crash to the desktop image only.

I am now going back to the temp fix provided by Georgia on 2/10/2014, post #27 above, which did work to allow me to use Safepay. I will wait to hear when the planned update that includes the fix for the problem with Windows XP that you posted will be released. Will that information be posted here as well as on Product Update Notification page?

We just released the update, it will take some time to sync over the globe. The Product Update Notification page will be updated by our colleagues soon.

Thank you for your patience :D.