Re: Icon In Lower System Tray

Sorry to bother you, but I need some advice/info regarding the little icon in the right-hand tray at the bottom of my screen. As you may be aware, I’m now running BD Internet Security, and I can’t complain about the system – had to get used to it at first, but generally speaking it’s excellent.

However, lately I’ve noticed that when I boot up, the little icon comes up red, but after a while it turns black, or it will come up black on reboot, and this worries me, as half the time I don’t know whether there’s something not working in the system, so when I touch it with my cursor, it does read: “No issue affects your computer.” But I have to check every time to make sure that “no issue IS affecting my computer…” I sometimes have to reboot a few times before it comes up red and stays that way.

Any ideas/suggestions from your side? Will appreciate some feedback from you on this issue.

Thanks in anticipation,

Featured content

bitdefender review banner

Ukrainian Government Websites Defaced in Massive Cyberattack

Hackers took down and defaced several Ukrainian government websites after diplomatic talks between Ukrainian, Russian and US officials reached a dead end on Thursday.

Read more

Top Five Security Tips for iPhone Owners in 2022

‘Less is more applies’ perfectly to exploits targeting iOS. They are rare, but can inflict major damage..

Read more

Critical Vulnerability in 3 WordPress Plugins Impacts 84,000 Websites

“Security experts last week disclosed a critical WordPress plugin vulnerability affecting over 84,000 websites"

Read more