Bitdefender Deleting Necessary Dlls

124»

Comments

• what does the uninstaller exactly do?

• what does the uninstaller exactly do?

It's okay, I've actually solved the issue!

I found I could reinstall it over the top of the old Firefox for some reason... so my computer originally thought Firefox was not on the system even though it was! And even though it detected my Firefox as a Trojan again, it seems to still run, must be because I added the file as an exception so fingers crossed it won't cause any more problems!

• Yakiko, it's a good thing you couldn't uninstall because you would have lost all your bookmarks. I have years' worth of bookmarks and I sure don't won't to lose mine.

The fix you did worked for most people, it worked for me for a day then when I started up my computer this morning I was back to square one. I'm lost without Firefox and my bookmarks. It's a tragedy and I already have lost several days on this.

• I too have the missing tlmi.dll problem, however I thought I would just try and re-install open office to fix the issue however I can longer install it regardless of what version I download. I have tried multiple versions from multiple download sites and they all come up with the following error...

Installer integrity check has failed. more info at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error. I have looked at that page and tried various remedies but nothing will work. Can someone tell me what the problem is as BitDefender seems to have done something odd to my machine.

Oddly when I look at the scan logs it doesn't show deleteing any files like tlmi.dll, so I am really confused.

Thanks,

Alex

• edited October 2011

Dear user,

The mentioned problem appears if the file in question is corrupt.

As far as I remember, OpenOffice packages are digitally signed. Please right click the installer, click Properties and select the digital signature tab, if available, then check if the signature is valid.

If the signature is invalid, please upload the file to rapidshare or a similar file sharing service and PM me the link. I'll take a look ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.