Bsod With Bdselfpr.sys

2»

Comments

• edited February 2010

Hello all,

Regarding your issue, please follow the steps below:

1. First of all please access this link in order to download these files on your computer;

2. Second, please use the next steps for entering in SAFE MODE:

[How to restart in SAFE MODE

- Restart the computer;

- Press the F8 key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press F8 until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select SAFE MODE in the text menu and press Enter;

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a

confirmation message; click OK to acknowledge;

3. Extract the the archive and run the file;

4. Reboot the system in normal mode and check if the issue appears again.

Thank you.

• Hi Carmen,

Thank you for the prompt response.

As a habit, I examined the contents of the fix and found an explicit entry referring to Path_TotalSecurity

Is this consistent across all Bitdefender products? I have BD Internet Security 2010 Installed, will that make a difference to the fix?

Hello all,

1. First of all please access this link in order to download these files on your computer;

- Restart the computer;

Thank you.

• Carmen,

I downloaded and installed the file contained at http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv2ue9 as requested.

To clarify, the archive was actually a .reg file to be applied?

Results;

BSOD still continue, strangely it seems to be at every reboot. That means after I reboot I will get a BSOD, the machine will reboot and then be seemingly stable again.

As part of the new fix, Windows is no longer producing any Minidump files for me to offer.

Notes;

Path_Backup and Path_OnlineBackup introduced in the .reg file are non-existant in the directory structure.

What is next?

Hello all,

- Restart the computer;

Thank you.

• Another day has passed by and nothing?

I am being as cooperative as possible with BD. BSOD's are happening a few times a day, generally at system startup but I have also experienced it at some random time later on.

I would really appreciate some acknowledgement that someone has seen these posts and are working on something.

As mentioned yesterday, after applying the regfix bdselfpr.sys BSOD is no longer producing minidumps.

Carmen,

I downloaded and installed the file contained at http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv2ue9 as requested.

To clarify, the archive was actually a .reg file to be applied?

Results;

BSOD still continue, strangely it seems to be at every reboot. That means after I reboot I will get a BSOD, the machine will reboot and then be seemingly stable again.

As part of the new fix, Windows is no longer producing any Minidump files for me to offer.

Notes;

Path_Backup and Path_OnlineBackup introduced in the .reg file are non-existant in the directory structure.

What is next?

• edited March 2010

You know what guys at Bitdefender, forget the whole thing. I've decided to not go ahead and purchase, nor recommend your product.

Information security consists of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability.

Your product delivers neither Integrity nor Availability as I can not depend on my computers while your products are installed and BSOD's on Windows XP is unacceptable, especially so if you guys are seemingly unwilling to support those with problems. That's a monumental FAIL!

Thanks for wasting my time!

The sad thing is that your product seems to work great on other, newer platforms but it seems to the detriment of other, more popular platforms.

La revedere şi bitdefender bun Calatorie sprancenata

Another day has passed by and nothing?

I am being as cooperative as possible with BD. BSOD's are happening a few times a day, generally at system startup but I have also experienced it at some random time later on.

I would really appreciate some acknowledgement that someone has seen these posts and are working on something.

As mentioned yesterday, after applying the regfix bdselfpr.sys BSOD is no longer producing minidumps.

• edited February 2010

:(:(

I have received bdselfpr.sys error with blue screen error several times. I uninstall and reinstall bitdefender but it came again. I think BitDefender support team not working well, because I follow this topic since this error I first time saw at my netbook, till now there is no solution yet. Few months passed but no solution.

I have been using bitdefender product since 2006. But if I couln't find any solution with this error I won't use BitDefender product anymore.

I hope someone solve this problem...

Enisssss

• edited March 2010

Hello enisssss,

We are very sorry for the late response and also for the inconvenience created.

We kindly ask you to follow the steps below and let us know if the issue persists:

1. Please download this file and extract it;

2. Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE;

3. Run the bdselfpr_Av.reg if you have BitDefender Antivirus or bdselfpr_IS.reg if you are using BitDefender Internet Security.

Thank you.

• !!!!!!!

Downloaded the registry keys, booted into safe mode. Loaded the registry keys. Changed BDSELFPR.SYS start value back to 3. Restarted into normal mode. Ran fine, untill I shut down and restarted.

Odd that it ran on 1st startup after changes and now back to square one.

I generated a bootlog with process monitor.

If it would help tech support, let me know and I'll upload it.

• Hello Carmen Cernev,

A few minutes ago I've done your "bdselfpr_IS" solution.

I am using BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on expert mode with my netbook(LGX130),

My Antivirus Protection Level Agressive,

Under virus scan tab all scan modes (system tasks, user defined tasks, misc tasks are agressive).

I hope I won't see the blue screen error after I applied your solution.

If I see the bdselfpr.sys error again I will inform you.

thank you...

• edited March 2010
    Hello enisssss,

We kindly ask you to follow the steps below and let us know if the issue persists:

3. Run the bdselfpr_Av.reg if you have BitDefender Antivirus or bdselfpr_IS.reg if you are using BitDefender Internet Security.

Thank you.

:(:(:(:(

After I have done your solution I saw 3 times Blue Screen Error (Bdselfpr.sys) till this message.

I am also use the same bitdefender product (2010 internet security) on my desktop but I didn't see that error at my desktop, it is so interesting for me.

But I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE IS THE REAL SOLUTION FOR BDSELFPR.SYS, I am so angry for this problem, believe me I am boring that.

Yes, BitDefender support team "where is your solution, I couldn't see your solution"

:(:(:(:(

• :(:(:(I AM STILL SEEING BDSELFPR.SYS ERROR AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BORED BITDEFENDER SUPPORT TEAM FOR THEIR LACKING OF INTEREST :(:(:(

• :(:(:(I AM STILL SEEING BDSELFPR.SYS ERROR AND I AM ABSOLUTELY BORED BITDEFENDER SUPPORT TEAM FOR THEIR LACKING OF INTEREST :(:(:(

this

• edited March 2010
    Hello enisssss,

Thank you.

Carmen,

I was skeptical about a registry key pointing to nonexistent files solving this issue, but I gave it a try anyway. And my machine keeps on bluescreening.

The new minidump can be found http://www.sendspace.com/file/1zrtm4. Feel free to contact me directly by PM if there's anything I can help you with.

I understand that blue screen issues are hard to track down, fix and test, but, frankly, this is getting ridiculous. It's been 5 months and this thread is getting ignored most of the time and the best you can come up with in all this time is a registry key?! Between this and the erratic behavior of vsserv.exe on XP and a host of other smaller issues, I don't think I will be renewing my license when the current one runs out.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team. The fix will be released as soon as possible. It will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Hello Carmen,

I spoke with BitDefender and they said "use uninstall tool and reinstall and it will be ok", but it didn't.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program BUT it happened again 5 times since reinstall :(:(:(

this problem couldn't solve by SUPPORT TEAM, they failed about first message about Bdselfpr.sys error (since Nov 11 2009)

Please solve it IMMEDIATELY

Enisssss

Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team. The fix will be released as soon as possible. It will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action from your part.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• Will you atleast let us know when the issue has been 'resolved' via auto-update. So we can change the bdselfpr.sys start registry key value back to 3.

• edited April 2010

Hello all,

A new major update was released, Build 13.0.20, that has solved this issue. Please be so kind as to update BitDefender and let us know if the situation persists.

Thank you for your understanding.

• I checked that i have version 13.0.20 and i still get blue screen when i change the registry to start it up.

still not happy

• Seems to work fine now. On my personal laptop that is. Still need to get out to one of my customers to test it on 2 of their machines though. Will reply with the results for those as soon as I get a chance to get to them.

Well done dev.

• Am vazut ca sunteti romani, asa ca am decis sa scriu in romana, daca e interzis sa ma scuzati, deci ce trebuie sa fac ca sa nu imi mai apara problema asta? (am bitdefender)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file