Firewall Is Disabled

Comments

• Hello,

I'm using wind 7 32 bit system, I have been bitdefender internet security 2010 for quite sometime, yesterday I had a problem, after the restart of the comp, I was not able to connect to internet. It always used to give a error stating, "connection taking long time to respond"

After few investigations I switched the bitdefender firewall off, then I was able to browse the internet (Previously I was able to broswe with the bitdefender firewall on)

What should I do, to fix this issue ?

if you have any document please send it to my mail : [email protected]

Else please post your answer in this forum

Thnks for assistance

• Hello mpsmom,

First of all, the steps we provide you with are the same with the ones from the KB article but the patches are different. Please be so kind as to download them and follow the instructions.

Second, when you click on 'Regular download' on Sendspace you are redirected to new page where you can see the name of the patch (e.g. Uninstall FW all.zip). Please click on that name and the download process should start.

If you want, please provide me with a different email address and you will receive an email with these instructions and the patches attached.

Thank you.

• Hello vishi1982,

Please follow the steps bellow in order change the Firewall settings:

1. Open BitDefender, go to Settings and Switch to Expert mode
    2. Go to the Firewall module and enable it
    3. Go to the Network tab and set the

*Trust Level to Trusted Local

*Stealth mode to Remote

*Generic to Yes

4. Go to the Rules tab and search the rule for your internet browser
    5. Make sure that the rule is set with the action Allow
    Please let us know if you can access the internet with the Firewall enabled after changing these settings.

Thank you

• edited March 2010
    Hello mpsmom,

First of all, the steps we provide you with are the same with the ones from the KB article but the patches are different. Please be so kind as to download them and follow the instructions.

Second, when you click on 'Regular download' on Sendspace you are redirected to new page where you can see the name of the patch (e.g. Uninstall FW all.zip). Please click on that name and the download process should start.

If you want, please provide me with a different email address and you will receive an email with these instructions and the patches attached.

Thank you.

I clicked on the link and it downloaded a zip file with that name, it also started a virus scan with some scam virus checker. I was not about to open a zip file after that. Especially since BD is using some site that I've never heard of and makes no mention of it in their "fix". Send the patch to [email protected]

• Hello mpsmom,

Thank you.

If you're sending the same fix downloadable from Sendspace, don't bother. I decided to try downloading it again to see if the virus checker ran again. Downloaded and ran the "patch" "the system cannot find the specified path". System rebooted. Downloaded and ran the Vista patch... "System cannot find the specified path". system rebooted. Firewall is STILL disabled. "failed to communicate wtih bitdefender security center" Next?

• Hello dbrisco, Subliminal & postbud,

Please follow the steps from this post and let me know if the Firewall module is enabled after this.

Thank you.

Followed them before. Didn't work.

If you're sending the same fix downloadable from Sendspace, don't bother. I decided to try downloading it again to see if the virus checker ran again. Downloaded and ran the "patch" "the system cannot find the specified path". System rebooted. Downloaded and ran the Vista patch... "System cannot find the specified path". system rebooted. Firewall is STILL disabled. "failed to communicate wtih bitdefender security center" Next?

Same here. Doesn't matter which "patch" you get - it can not find the specified path. What good is a patch that can't find what it's meant to be patching?

51 Days and counting.

• well am now fed up totally with bitdefender. have raised two tickets now asking for a refund. The first ticket a week ago generated a nil response, have just send another if same happens again will be considering further action via sale of goods act as they are not fit for purpose.

• edited March 2010

Good for you. I don't see any point in doing it for mine since it runs out in 50 days.

I'll be changing to another security solution since i've had a mess with it and it actually WORKS!

• Good for you. I don't see any point in doing it for mine since it runs out in 50 days.

I'll be changing to another security solution since i've had a mess with it and it actually WORKS!

Just a note - I did not write 'another security solution' - i wrote the actual name! seems they don't want us passing information on worthy software since theirs in inadaquate for what it is designed for!

• sounds about right, i cannot understand why a company is willing to let their product and reputation head down the pan so quickly. Why not admit they have made a mistake. Not as big a mistake as i made handing over 54quid though. I suppose they think if they ignore everyone we will go elsewhere and they will keep there cash.

Will give them a few more days and if no response if forthcoming then i will take matters further.

jan

• Good to see they are trying everything they can to help all of us with this problem. No reply from them in a week. Easter or not - they still had time before that to reply, even just to let us know they are looking into it.

Definatly will be changing when my licence runs out.

• I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

But firewall is disabled and while trying to enable it shows the error:

'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

Also it shows:

Computer IPs: no networks detected

Gateways: no gateways set

I had no firewall problems with BDTS 2009 a day ago !!

I'm having the same problem enabling my firewall.

Everytime I try to enable it I get a message saying "Failed to Communicate with the BitDefender Security Service"

And if it helps I have a Windows 7 64bit computer.

• April 11th and STILL no reply from Bitdefender. Afraid you will lose alot of custom unless you get your act together and FIX THE PROBLEM!

• I installed BDTS 2010 & got the same issue on the Firewall.

Firewall is disabled and while trying to enable it shows the error:

'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

I followed the steps on their KB from http://www.bitdefender.com/KB391-en--What-...navailable.html & THE FIREWALL HAS BEEN ENABLED.

"What actions to take when the Firewall is unavailable"

Detailed description:

This article provides a possible solution for the issue when the Firewall module is disabled and cannot be activated. Trying to activate it generates the message:

''Cannot communicate with the BitDefender Security Service'' or ''Failed to initialize firewall drivers'' on older versions of BitDefender.

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:

A. Run this patch. It will uninstall all traces of the BitDefender Firewall from your PC, to ensure a clean install.

B. Restart the computer.

C. Perform a product update (important) - From the Security Center hit Update now.

D. Restart the computer.

E. Run this second patch:

- For Windows XP, click here

- For Windows Vista and Windows 7, click here

F. Restart the computer.

G. Open BitDefender and verify if the Firewall is working properly.

• Then i have to say, you have been very lucky. I have tried it numerous times and it has never worked for me. Or for many people on this forum.

• Please can we have this fix for 64bit Systems. This does not work on 64Bit systems, as mention already on this thread, and nothing is being done about it! Please a fix will be very welcome. This is me being nice, if this does not happen soon, I will discontinue all my Bitdefender licenses and that include those I promoted to our office. So if Bitdefender does not care to lose clients... just say the word. I have been promoting your product in our area and this is the service we get?? Not happy at all! :-(

• I am having the same problem. Please send me the steps to resolve.

• I am so busy....

My life takes precedence over checking gadgets are doing what they are meant to....

Even still ... I am an electronics engineer...

I saw this problem on my laptop a few weeks ago... I forgot about it due to other commitments.

Your software should just work and get on with it.

I should not have to nanny your product along on my computer.

Disappointed and unlikely to recommit.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. In order to further investigate it please follow the steps bellow and provide us with the following information and logs:

A. Please follow the steps from this KB article in order to reinstall the Firewall module.

B. If the issue persists after following these steps or you have already followed them please follow the ones bellow:

1. Download (save) the BitDefender uninstall tool from this link. Run it in order to uninstall all the BitDefender files and then restart the computer when it will ask you to.

2. Save this tool on your computer. Extract the debug archive saved and double click on the debug.reg file. Click Yes/Ok if prompted.

3. Install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available for download. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kit prior to running it.

The BitDefender Antivirus 2010 installation kit can be downloaded from one of the 2 locations:

- for the 32 bit compatible version (most commonly used version) click here

- for the 64 bit compatible version click here

The BitDefender Internet Security 2010 installation kit can be downloaded from one of the 2 locations:

The BitDefender Total Security 2010 installation kit can be downloaded from one of the 2 locations:

3. Proceed with the installation process and then check if the Firewall is enabled. If the same issue persists please send us the following:

- sysdump.tar, bdfileinfo.log and bdregnode.reg; you may obtain them by following the steps described in this KB article.

- all the files of the format msiXXX.log from:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Temp\ (for Windows XP) or

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp (for Windows Vista and 7)

where <user> is the name of the Windows account that you are logged with;

- the file setupapi.log from C:\Windows

- all the BdUninstall tool files from your C drive.

Please perform the exact steps so that we can provide a solution as fast as possible.

Thank you.

• Hello all,

The issue that you have reported has been acknowledged by our team and is currently being worked on for a fix. In order to further investigate it please follow the steps bellow and provide us with the following information and logs

You have known of this issue since August 30th 2009 - so about 8 months if I work it out correctly. Why has it still not been fixed. I would say I will try your 'fix' but to be honest - i'm not going to. I will be removing my copy as it runs out in 19 days and install a system that actually works.

• i bought a 10 user license and i had to reinstall bitdefender total security 2010 on one of the laptops after reinstalling, my firewall cannot be enabled, and i cannot update, could you send me a solution ASAP............

• I recently installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 but I can't enable the firewall as Iget this error "Failed to communicate with the Bitdefender Security service!"

The product is registered but I haven't activate it yet

can anyone tell me what to do ???.pls

• Hello tersoo & gtyson

Please be so kind as to follow the instructions from this post and let us know if the situation persists.

Thank you.

• i am also having this problem, i bought internet security 2010 TWICE and installed it again and again and followed your instructions for running the patchs as well as uninstalling. Also i have done what it says in the article from the link above from the Technical Support person.

Still my firewall does not enable.

I am running a Vista 64-bit computer.

• Hello Bhimani,

Hello all,

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

• Hi

I have just upgraded to Windows 7 and for some reason the firewall will not enable. I am getting a box come up saying unable to communicate with the bitdefender secuirty service! I am unable to contact anyone in instant chat and a reply to my email could be 48 hours!......Any help please?

• Hi Mitsy,

Please tell me what BitDefender product are you using. Also enclose a screenshot of the error message you receive about the BitDefender Firewall.

Regards,

• Please can you email me instructions.

Thank you!

• Hello Richard,

Please provide me with more details about the issue you encounter and I will send you the appropriate instructions to resolve it. If any error message please enclose a screenshot of it in here.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program -click on "Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Save the file as JPG and attach it to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• Hello,

I bought & installed BitDefender Total Security 2010 today, and I'm having the same issue with the firewall not enabling. My laptop is on Windows Vista Home 32-Bit that has any relevance. From prior posts I see that tech support is provided via email; looking forward to some help with this. Thanks in advance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.