Cannot Install Bitdefender Trial. License Key Is Invalid

Hello.

I'm having a problem where I want to install Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 but it didn't let me to.

Everytime I got to Activate Online Features while trying to install, I couldn't sign in or even create new account. It says "The License Key You Have Entered is not Valid. If You Purchase This Key You can Contact Customer Support To Get Help With This Issue"

I don't understand the problem I'm facing here. I hadn't even entered ANY license key. Why did it said that I HAVE

ENTERED A LICENSE KEY ?

But the first thing I've done before installing Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 was

uninstalling my Bitdefender Antivirus 2009.

Now that my windows doesn't have any antivirus, I'm getting so worried. It's not that I don't want to install any other Antivirus

Software but I REALLY LIKE HOW BITDEFENDER WORKS! :wub:

Please help me to make my windows and systems being fully protected again ! :(

Thanks in advance .

Comments

• I'll try to help as it seems BD team doesn't answer questions in the support forum... Go figure.

use the uninstall tool here bitdefender.com/uninstall <--- not an error, no www.

Should use option uninstall "ALL" Bitdefender, pulls the crap from all versions in one tool.

Then don't use the web link like I did, the site is so dam hard to download the correct version now, free links, spam, ect...

download.bitdefender.com then windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/ If it's 32 bit pick your poison, if it's 64 go to that dir.

Should be a stickey.

Hope it helps, I have three open cases with bitdefender nowhere to be found...

• I'll try to help as it seems BD team doesn't answer questions in the support forum... Go figure.

use the uninstall tool here bitdefender.com/uninstall <--- not an error, no www.

Should use option uninstall "ALL" Bitdefender, pulls the crap from all versions in one tool.

Then don't use the web link like I did, the site is so dam hard to download the correct version now, free links, spam, ect...

download.bitdefender.com then windows/desktop/total_security/final/en/ If it's 32 bit pick your poison, if it's 64 go to that dir.

Should be a stickey.

Hope it helps, I have three open cases with bitdefender nowhere to be found...

I used the BD uninstall tool but got a red cross icon with Delete The Application Files.

And about the link you mentioned above, it's BD total security but the BD that I wanted to install is BD Antivirus Pro 2011.

Btw, after using the uninstall tool, I tried to reinstall but the same problem still occured.

Please Please Please HELP. :)

• Admin..... help...............? :(

• Did you run the tool in safe mode ? May be a permission issue. Some files will show a red "X" because you dont have that file or version. I have been waiting for admin for help with another issue. hope they show up ;)

The link is good for the AV version as well, just dont choose the total security dir. Look around it's all in there

All the best !

• edited April 2011

Thanks for the reply Cire3PC.

I did run the uninstaller in safe mode. After starting windows in normal mode, i tried to install again but the same thing happened.

Now I'm thinking to format my laptop but let it be the last step I'll try.

• I had that same exact issue when I used the main site link for download. I used the URL I gave you and somehow it's different ? Most current ?

I sure wouldn't format unless you dont have much to lose ?

• edited April 2011

I've found the link for BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 in download.bitdefender.com then windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/

Now I'm downloading it. Will try to install it after finishing the download.

Well I'm quite wondering now....is the link u gave different from the pinned topic in bitdefender forum titled 'Bitdefender 2011 Direct Download Links' ? I'm asking because the installer of BDAVP 2011 that I've been using is from there.

Is there any difference?

• The new installer didn't help. :o

• To be honest I have had nothing but issues with 2011. On a few models I was forced to install 2010.

Same issue, I can't get any help...

• edited April 2011

Hey there.

I contacted the Customer Care and they helped me solved the issue.

Here are what should be done :

1. Restart the computer in Safe Mode with Networking:

[How to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking]

- Reboot the computer;

- Press the F8 key repeatedly before Windows starts to load (you will need to

continue pressing the key repeatedly until a menu text appears);

- Select 'Safe mode with Networking' from the text menu and press 'Enter'

- Wait for Windows to load in Safe Mode, this process will end with a

confirmation message, click 'Yes' to confirm.

2. Download and run the uninstall tool:

www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

[For me, I already have the uninstall tool so i don't need to download it while in safe mode. All I have to do is just

run the uninstall tool in safe mode]

3. After the uninstall process finished , while still in Safe Mode, follow

these steps:

- If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7:

go to START, type in the search box type"regedit" - without quotes and press

Enter on the keyboard;

- If using Windows XP:

go to Start, select Run box type "regedit" - without quotes

and press Enter on the keyboard;

- Open the following key in the WindowsRegistry Editor :

HKEY_USERS \. DEFAULT \ Software \ SetID

- Right click the SetID folder and select Permissions

- Go to the Advanced

- Open the Owner tab

- Select current user from the list (computer name)

- Tick the option "Replace owner ..." and select Apply

- open the tab Auditing

- Tick "Replace Auditing Entries ..." and select Apply

- Open the Permissions tab

- Tick "Replace permission entries ..." and select Apply

- Afterwards open up the following Windows Registry Editor key:

HKEY_USERS \. DEFAULT \ Software \ SetID \ Internal

- Right click the Internal folder and select Permissions

- Go to the Advanced

- Open the Owner tab

- Select current user from the list (computer name)

- Tick "Replace owner ..." and select Apply

- Auditing tab open

- Tick "Replace Auditing Entries ..." and select Apply

- Open the Permissions tab

- Tick "Replace permission entries ..." and select Apply

Delete SetID and confirm the action.

4. After following all these steps, close the Registry Editor, restart

computer in normal mode and reinstall BitDefender using one of the following

installation kits:

for 32 bits Windows:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2011_32b.exe

for 64 bits Windows:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...us_2011_64b.exe

Fast & Quick service from Customer Care. B)

• Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file