[Fixed] Recent Update Issues

I'm new to the Bitdefender forum. I have a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PC and Bitdefender Total Security 2015 as my AV program. Until recently I had never had any issues trying to connect to Bank of America's online website. Sometime about December 17, 2014 an update from Bitdefender loaded and changed my ability to connect. This issue is only happening with Bank of America. I have several banks I deal with online that are all still accessible to me. I can also connect to Bank of America and other banks on the same internet connections with other devices without any problem.

I thought this was an update issue with Windows 7 at first. I completely reloaded my PC and was able to connect again. However, when Bitdefender again applied an update, the issue returned preventing me from connecting to BofA. What happens is, I type the URL into the browser (Firefox, Chrome, or IE) and they all time out after a short time.

To try isolating the problem I tested a new user profile in Windows 7. I created a test account and as I opened a browser for the first time in this new profile, Bitdefender displayed a dialog box asking me to close my browser so it could "secure" it. This time I chose to click "Cancel". I then typed the URL: www.bankofamerica.com and the browser loaded the website and allowed me to log in. Every other profile used I had allowed Bitdefender to "secure" the browser and afterwards was blocked from BofA.

I'm really needing some help with fixing this issue. I like the protection Bitdefender affords me when using online services, but if I can't enable the web browser security features then I feel it defeats the purpose of using it.

I would appreciate any technical help the community can give me in solving this problem.

Comments

• I have checked the URL. That's ok from my side. Although if you still can't access to the website from your website, then set it in WHITELIST from your Antivirus software.

Here the way :

1. Go to Protection Tab

2. Select Web Protection.

3. In bottom of the box click on Whitelist.

4. Now add here the URL(example:www.bankofamerica.com) of the bank. Then press on Add button.

5. Now press on Save button.

6. Atlast restart your computer.

Please let me know the result.

• I have checked the URL. That's ok from my side. Although if you still can't access to the website from your website, then set it in WHITELIST from your Antivirus software.

Here the way :

1. Go to Protection Tab

2. Select Web Protection.

3. In bottom of the box click on Whitelist.

4. Now add here the URL(example:www.bankofamerica.com) of the bank. Then press on Add button.

5. Now press on Save button.

6. Atlast restart your computer.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks for your information concerning my online banking problem. Unfortunately, that didn't work. The strange thing about this problem is that it only is happening with Bank of America, no other banking sites or any other types of sites are refusing to load.

I have tried different ideas to fix this issue, but nothing has worked yet.

• Thanks for your information concerning my online banking problem. Unfortunately, that didn't work. The strange thing about this problem is that it only is happening with Bank of America, no other banking sites or any other types of sites are refusing to load.

I have tried different ideas to fix this issue, but nothing has worked yet.

Created another new user profile to demonstrate what Bitdefender is doing when I open a browser for the very first time. If I choose "OK" in the dialog box, it will secure the browser and prevent me from ever connecting to Bank of America (www.bankofamerica.com) again in that profile. If I click "Cancel" in that dialog box, I can connect to BofA no problem. I've tested this theory in two different new profiles and it works this way in each one.

So Bitdefender 2015 Total Security is what is blocking Bank of America's website from accepting my connections.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13487" data-fileid="13487" rel="">Screen_Shot_BD.pdf

• Created another new user profile to demonstrate what Bitdefender is doing when I open a browser for the very first time. If I choose "OK" in the dialog box, it will secure the browser and prevent me from ever connecting to Bank of America (www.bankofamerica.com) again in that profile. If I click "Cancel" in that dialog box, I can connect to BofA no problem. I've tested this theory in two different new profiles and it works this way in each one.

So Bitdefender 2015 Total Security is what is blocking Bank of America's website from accepting my connections.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13487" data-fileid="13487" rel="">Screen_Shot_BD.pdf

Finally figured out what the problem was within Bitdefender 2015 Total Security. Parental Controls seems to block Bank of America even though there are no restrictions set for online banking. Even added it to the White List section, but no luck. So I disabled this feature and it allows me to reach Bank of America now. This was actually suggested to me from BD Support. One thing I am very disappointed about however is that it took BD over 45 days to really help me. I like the software and have found that it will protect me completely, but would like to see better support in a much more reasonable time frame.

• Hello,

We are aware of this situation and we are currently working on a fix for it.

In the meantime please turn off Parental Control in Bitdefender from Privacy > Parental Control when accessing www.bankofamerica.com

Once the fix is complete, it will be launched in a product update.

Thank you for your patience, have a nice day!

• edited May 2015
    Hello,

We are aware of this situation and we are currently working on a fix for it.

In the meantime please turn off Parental Control in Bitdefender from Privacy > Parental Control when accessing www.bankofamerica.com

Once the fix is complete, it will be launched in a product update.

Thank you for your patience, have a nice day!

When is this product update coming? I am having the same issue which is very frustrating. According to another thread on this forum, it seems that Bitdefender had this issue with CapitolOne a year ago and that seems to be resolved now. Do we have to wait a year for this update?

I am having this same issue with the Bank of America website. With Parental Controls turned on, I cannot access BofA's website. The parental control is applied to my kids account but for some reason still blocks me when I am logged in on my account which has not been set to have parental controls.

I've even tried adding the permission to the whitelist of my kids account and then tried logging in from their profile to no avail.

Please help resolve this. I am running a 30 day trial of Bitdefender and Parental Control was the #1 reason I decided to give it a try. If I have to turn this off then it defeats the purpose for my planned purchase.

-Texas Mom

• Hello,

The issue reported in this topic is addressed in Bitdefender 2016, build 20.0.29.1517.

If you are still running Bitdefender 2015 we invite you to upgrade for free to Bitdefender 2016. The steps are available in this article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1479.html

We apologize for the delay in fixing this.

This discussion has been closed.