BDLDaemon using >90% of CPU since last update

2»

Comments

• I don't have those directories. I don't use Time Machine. Still 100%. Have off for now, until a fix.

• I'm going to wait for an application update. Until then constant scanning is off.

• Unfortunately, the problem is old and the company doesn't want and probably can't solve it. If you search for BDLDaemon in this forum, you will see many posts from 2015 onwards. Technical support noted that they know about the problem and someday they will solve it.

I just removed Bitdefender from different MacBooks and installed a different antivirus. Bitdefender behaves worse than any virus by killing the MacBook SSD and battery.

• The same issue for me. I am already satisfied with Bitdefender Windows security suite for years but this issue disqualifies it on Mac. It extremely limits my musical works. Limited CPU available for Logic Pro extremely decreases number of usable plugins even the top 2018 configuration of MacBook Pro used.

Bitdefender please solve it on your side - I am not IT guru to do magic in Terminal.

• Recently purchased the new MacBook Air, and installed BitDefender on it. I recently renewed my subscription and wanted to maximize my use of it, but I had to uninstall it off my MBA. BitDefender was using nearly 1.5GB of memory.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.