Bitdefender Antivirus Free - remote Desktop block

Hi Everyone,

I have Bitdefender Antivirus Free install on a computer running Windows 10 x64 v.1903.

When I tried to do a remote desktop connection i'm block.

Firewall rules are set to "allowed" for remote desktop.

If I disable the Antivirus my problem is solved but it's not the best solution....

In the settings menu it's very light ( no firewall rules ) because it's a free version.

Anyway, does anyone has find a workaround ?

Thank You 😉

Comments

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

Hi Member

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly make sure you are following the proper method as stated in the link : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13425/ & https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13428/

If issue persists, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at [email protected]

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• Hi

Similarly, Win10Pro Remote Desktop Connection recently stopped working on all my BD Free PCs (PCs with other A/V aren't affected).

As explained by the author of this post, there is no way to configure Firewall or other rules on the free version, so the two links in the answer are not applicable.

Is there a fix to be expected in a future BD Free update ?

Or is the only solution either go to BD paid, or switch to another free A/V ?

Other hints ?

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

My apologies, I did not noticed the word free. Well the links supported are only valid for paid version of products.

Additionally bitdefender free does not have a firewall feature. It is only features a basic malware scanner (signature based detction and behavior based technology) with malicious/ phishing website blocking. Also, you can only exclude file/ folder which you do not want the AV to scan.

The only thing here is to use windows firewall with bitdefender free.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• "bitdefender free does not have a firewall feature." -> what is then the cause of the recent blocking of Remote Desktop Connections (client, not host) ?

Is there a fix to be expected in a future BD Free update ?

Or is the only solution either go to BD paid, or switch to another free A/V ?

Other hints ?

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

Well, I cannot be sure but it might be something to do with windows firewall itself (just an assumption)

I would request you to kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at [email protected] briefly describing your issue. Maybe they might be able to help you in some other way.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

• Exclude the Remote Desktop Connection app from Bitdefender Free:

Bitdefender -> Settings -> Exclusions -> Add Exclusion -> Add file

Browse to %windir%\system32\mstsc.exe

Example for unaltered Windows 10 -> "c:\windows\system32\mstsc.exe"

You'll have to add exclusions for anything that stops working after a Bitdefender install.

• test123test123
    edited July 31

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.