Introducing Bitdefender Total Security 2021

FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
edited July 28 in General

Hi Members,

So finally we have the availability of the new Bitdefender Total Security 2021

The direct setup links are provided below :

32-bit : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2021/all/bitdefender_ts_25_32b.exe

64-bit : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2021/all/bitdefender_ts_25_64b.exe

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Comments

• Bitdefender 2021 can be installed from Bitdefender Central

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28

If you are asking, then as far as the feedback I have received from different people, BTS 2021 can be installed from central. No information in relation to BAV Plus or BIS as of now.

Personally I never prefer to download from central. I usually download directly from the bitdefender website. But since as of now only BTS direct links are available, I downloaded the whole setup and ran it over 2020 BTS. This way my BTS 2020 was upgrade to BTS 2021.

Regards

Flex

• As a first impression, after a few days of using the new version, I can say that I really like it.

I regret, however, the idea of completely removing the security widget.

Maybe an improvement for him was welcome.

I hope it will be reintroduced in a future update

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

I guess so & after mailing them from past 1 year on occasional basis, still they did not introduced the dark theme !

Regards

Flex

• Paul.RPaul.R ✭✭✭
    edited July 29

Flexx next time give credit to those how provide for exemple links...not just copy them from a topic and create another, if you want publicity you have social network like Facebook to be more visible, also if you don't know to do that PM me and I will help you. I expect more from you but...

Regarding Bitdefender 2021 version seems more polish then last one, maybe some improvements in detection area...Keep up the good work guys :)

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29

@Paul.R

To narrow down here, the links were not copied from your reply on my older post, instead I found them while searching the malwaretips community website (https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-2021-released.102704/).

And when I created this post, it was after that I saw my other post where you had also provided the similar link. So, there was no need to provide credit. I hope this makes sense.

But if it would have been a genuine case, I pretty much would have done that as I have done in my other post in the past.

Regards

Flex

• Paul.RPaul.R ✭✭✭
    edited July 29

You will replace Google search engine some day :) lucky us, we've got you.

• ozziebearozziebear ✭✭
    edited August 1

So far, I like the 2021 version of total security and for whatever reason, I too miss the security widget.

• I also reported the same thing to the Bitdefender team. I don't understand who was bothered by that widget. It could be turned on or off.

I really miss that widget

• So far I'm liking the over all product. I must admit that I'm dissapointed in two things. First, no dark theme :( Second, that there was no beta program this year :(

• Hello,

Personally I find that this version is quite successful even if, I find two major flaws.

The first concerns the correction of vulnerabilities. Indeed, once the corrections are made, it is impossible to cancel them if, for example, system instability is observed.

The second is the first comprehensive analysis of the system, which takes a very long time to complete. For example, on my one-year-old computer, it took 5 hours and 45 minutes.

• I'm curious as to what the specs are on your machine? Even on my virtual machine which I greatly limited the specs on -- it was loaded in minutes :/

• Hello @David B,

I apologize for my late response, but I was busy.

Here is the details of my PC configuration:

• Intel Core i5 8600
    • Be Quiet Pure Rock
    • Asus STRIX Z370-G GAMING
    • Ballistix Sport LT RED DDR4 2 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 16 DR
    • MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP - 4 Go
    • Crucial MX500 - 500 Go
    • 2x Seagate FireCuda - 2 To - 8 Go Nand - 64 Mo
    • Asus Graveur DVD - DRW-24D5MT - Noir - OEM
    • Be Quiet Silent Base 600 - Silver
    • Be Quiet Pure Power 10 CM - 600W
    • Microsoft Windows 10 PRO 64 bits (version 2004 -19041.423)
    • Western Digital (WD) My Passport USB 3.0 - 3 To
    • BUFFALA HD USB 3.0 - 500 Go
    • Ducky Channel One 2 TKL - Horizon - Cherry MX Brown
    • Logitech G403 HERO

I specify that the virtualization of the processor is disabled (at the UEFI BIOS level) and that my installation of Windows 10 Pro is "clean" so very stable.

In addition, only Microsoft Defender was present on my PC before the installation of Bitdefender Total Security.

Well, I hope I’ve been specific enough.

Sincerely,

• I also like very much the new version! But I miss the Security Widget, it was so cool!

And I like VERY MUCH the dark theme in the VPN !!! Will it be possible to have a similar dark theme in Bitdefender as well? It would be great!!!

• @TaxiMagicien42 ,

The "be quiet specs" you mentioned - how do the play into the processing power? I know that gaming machines can have quiet modes to where processing power is greatly reduced.

• edited August 6

Hello @David B,

So that we understand each other, I have no performance problems when I play or work. I simply found that the first comprehensive analysis of the system took a very long time.

But no doubt this is normal, given the large number of hard drives to analyze.

Best Regards,

• What are the specs on the hard drives? (specifically the drive size and how they are connected.)

• edited August 6

@David B;

Il y a 3 disques durs internes :

1. Crucial MX500 - 500 Go (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits)
    2. Seagate FireCuda - 2 To - 8 Go Nand - 64 Mo (Données)
    3. Seagate FireCuda - 2 To - 8 Go Nand - 64 Mo (Données musicales)

Ensuite, j’ai deux disques durs externes que je me connecte pour faire mes sauvegardes système:

1. Western Digital (WD) My Passport USB 3.0 - 3 To (connecté au port USB 3.0)
    2. BUFFALA HD USB 3.0 - 500 Go (connecté au port USB 3.0).

I add that during the full analysis Bitdefender requests between 300 MB and 400 MB RAM memory and very little my processor. In short, my pc remains very fluid in terms of usage since I have not noticed any slowdown.

• Yeah I'm sorry I wish I had a good answer for you. My drives are larger and connected via the same methods. Perhaps if you reached out to their TechSupport folks rather than the community as a whole you could be provided a solid answer on it.

• Good evening @David B

Thank you for giving my problem time. That’s very kind of you.

I will wait a bit and see how the situation evolves and if this problem persists, I will contact technical support.

Best Regards,

• Surprise to see that no one here is missing the "Startup Optimizer" feature to delay few apps/processes.

• Not so much to from my POV, the task manager does a beautiful job and I rarely used that feature. Perhaps that's why it was removed?

• I have already activated the new Dark Mode in Bitdefender 2021, and it looks GREAT!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.