Overall drawbacks of Bitdefender !

FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
edited November 21 in General talk

Overall drawbacks of Bitdefender !

Neither development team, nor malware research team or the support has been helpful from past couple of month, & I must say it includes the community forum also.

The performance of bitdefender, the popularity of bitdefender is decreasing. Many people are switching to other AV due to bitdefender internal negligence.

Let's breakdown :

1) At development team end :

• removal of widget
  • removal of vault
  • no malware signature storage allowed on android devices (needs 24 hours of internet connectivity to make sure your android stays protected)

Reason given for removal might favor bitdefender employees but they have cause a huge trouble/ havoc for bitdefender user which development team is neglecting. This is negligence of development team towards its user. And then development team gives useless explanation in order to prove themselves right.

2) At malware research team end :

• poor detection for windows pup/ pua (various testing companies show that)
  • poor/ low detection rates of linux malware
  • poor detection for mac from couple of months (various testing companies show that)
  • poor detection for mac pup/ pua
  • improper detection of os malware (linux malware are sometimes detected as windows malware, mac malware are sometimes detected as windows malware, also sometimes android malware are detected as windows malware)
  • no proper detection name for a malware (bitdefender detection revolves mainly around trojan.generic, trojan.genericKD, ursu, mikey, razy, kazy and all other fancy names - not at all a proper detection name provided to samples)
  • no proper detection for ransomware or its type (detection revolves around trojan.generic, trojan.genericKD)

3) At support end :

• no support for free version from bitdefender support
  • free users are redirected to community forum where there are no staff member that can help the free user regarding their query.

4) At community forum end :

• community forum is not properly managed
  • community forum is flooded with spammers, no security steps are taken into consideration to minimize the spamming of community forum (reporting the spammers does not lead to anything)
  • staff members are not available to help resolve user issue in community forum

I GUESS MOST OF THE BITDEFENDER COMMUNITY USER AGREE WITH THIS

BITDEFENDER WILL HAVE TO TAKE STRICT ACTIONS IMMEDIATELY OR IT WILL SOON BE NOT A FAVOURED ANTIMALWARE ANYMORE. THE DRAWBACKS HAVE BEEN COMPILED FROM MY PERSONAL VIEWS WITH ADDITIONAL VIEWS STUDIED FROM DIFFERENT FORUM USERS ON BITDEFENDER COMMUNITY FORUM, MALWARETIPS FORUM, BLEEPING COMPUTING FORUM, WILDER SECURITY FORUM.

While I assume that bitdefender will not take this into consideration and like support team always replies by putting on their pre feeded template (we appreciate your feedback and will take into consideration), it seems that community user will have to take strict action against bitdefender at their own end.

On personal basis I will try my best to mail this information to product manager & ceo of Bitdefender, so that they can have a look into this. But at the end every user will have to take action at his/ her own end.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Comments

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21

Additionally,

Once, my subscription will get over with bitdefender in few days, I will switch to ESET and free version of malwarebytes for windows, android & mac.

ESET :

• lowest resource consuming antimalware
    • good phishing/ malicious website blocking
    • good detection for windows malware
    • excellent detection for windows pup/ pua
    • excellent detection of mac malware
    • excellent detection for mac pup/ pua
    • excellent detect for linux malware
    • excellent detect for android malware
    • best antimalware to detect latest threat at first place before any other vendor

Malwarebytes :

• excellent phishing/ malicious website blocking
    • lowest resource consuming antimalware
    • good detection for windows malware
    • good detection for android malware
    • excellent detection of mac malware
    • excellent detection for mac pup/ pua
    • excellent detection for windows pup/ pua
    • does not supports linux detection

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• GautheyGauthey ✭✭
    edited November 21

yes I understand you what Bitdefender failed is that they deleted a lot of things at once and did not gradually notify its users. It is true that the deletions they made have been an important part of Bitdefender for many years.

It should have done it as is and especially take and ask the opinion of its users on their expectations.

Yes, Bitdefender is degrading, before differentiating itself from the others by precisely what it offered and the Widget was proof of that.

Today and with the observation that I am making on the various social networks their withdrawal of all its functionalities will cause their loss at least will make a lot of users leave.

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

The way bitdefender is working and the way the users have starting to face issue with bitdefender, soon it will not be considered a antimalware of top choice. I assume the feedback to bitdefender from user just goes to garbage. They do not find it of any use. I will give up on bitdefender as soon as my license gets expired.

Regards

Flex

• Well someone finally stepped in.

• I just updated my service, and was going crazy looking for my widget and it was gone along with many other items? This is a deal breaker for me and now have to depend on software that gives no warning when problems arise so this is not worth it anymore. I have already had a breach with my IPad and it clearing out all of my bank accounts, and Apple is taking the money but says it is not giving any refunds , and protects the corrupt games they have in the app center. So this gave the game Fishdom ability to overide my Bitdefender and clean me out. Thank GOD my bank who was also locked out of my accounts, as I was, could not fix that issue and managed to have to open me up all new accounts and paid us back the funds lost which was great. APPLE Will never get another dime from me, but now am looking at Bitdefender now as maybe this is why it happened.

GIVE US BACK OUR WIDGET, that is so important! Also, who is this protecting now, it doesnt do so many things important to the consumer, so what good is this program Bitdefender Total Security? Been with them for years, and now have to find something else. and want a refund for the update just made. WOW, Over a Widget to monitor any problems we have at a glance.

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

It's not limited to widget only. Let's talk about little bit of bitdefender signature based engine which is also used by many other av vendors as their secondary engine.

F-Secure, the company which uses its own engine with additional bitdefender engine has removed the bitdefender engine from its product and replaced it with avira engine.

Qihoo 360 which uses its own engine with bitdefender & avira as its additional engine have removed bitdefender engine from their products

Most of the vendors are removing bitdefender engine from their product and replacing it with some other vendor.

This clearly shows where bitdefender reputation is heading towards.

Regards

Flex

• itsParhamitsParham
    edited November 22

I myself thinking about migrating to Emsisoft

they care about feedbacks as far as i've tested them

and they do have som employees for their forum, not sure how a company with about 50-60 employee can put some it's human resource on its forum but Bitdefender with about 2000 employees cant do that

And they just don't care about feedbacks like we are not even going to see any Bitdefender employee responding tho this topic, BUT they do check forum (Just check their last time visited), not sure why they don't answer. the only though is that they don't care. @Andy_BD @Alex D. right?

• I just signed up for total security... questioning my choice now....

• About Emsisoft, if I were you, I would think whether it is worth it or not. I left Emsisoft after they closed their firewall product without warning their users. But it was to have this option that I paid them. Feedback from the support team, waiting for two weeks is not particularly happy. I gave the rest of the subscription time to their antivirus (about three years) to my friends. In general, Emsisoft is not a bad antivirus I liked.

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22

I had also used emsisoft in the past, though it has its own in house engine with the 3rd party engine of bitdefender, but they are active on both support and their forum and they respond in timely manner, no doubt about that.

Regards

Flex

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

Additionally, as I usually used to help other bitdefender user on this forum regarding their issue in relation with bitdefender (as per the available knowledge), I have stopped doing that, because though different users can help each other, but the main important role is of bitdefender staff and they do not even do that.

Regards

Flex

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Can you share this thing with your board of directors. It is necessary for the board of directors to know how user actually feel about using bitdefender, because how a company should run, how every department has to function, what responsibilities are of each and every department are always authenticated by board of directors.

I hope you can share this stuff with your board of directors and get a response back, if you have the authority to do that.

Below is the link which features your board of director team. You can share it to any of the person or it will more helpful if you can share it directly with your ceo Florin Talpes

https://www.bitdefender.com/company/management.html

Regards

Flex

• Hi @Flexx

That's a very long and very comprehensive list of things you've presented and I'd like to thank you for it.

It's giving us a very clear and broad image on how some of our users see things. It helps us get our ears to the ground closer and understand how things are being perceived. Same goes with the widget, for which @Gauthey made a very clear point. (side-update - our PMs have been discussing over this and we'll get a response from them soon enough)

With regards the community aspects:

We are working on limiting the number of spam accounts and people who are posting off-topic.

If that is the case please use the Flag feature. It's infinitely much more efficient than to send PM's or replying on that thread saying it's spam.

Here's a reply I gave you to another thread about Flagging as a reminder

• Thank you for your answer, we hope that the development department has made the right decision and therefore decided to reinstate him, my team and hundreds of thousands of people are fighting every day to ask for his return, we hope to have been listened to :)

• itsParhamitsParham
    edited November 23

@Andy_BD

How about answering people' questions about your products ? no one response to users except some other users like Flexx

aren't you guys here for such things beside moderating?

People are posting Trend Micro download links on Bitdefender forum like WHAT ? there is no need to flag just put some more Staff online and maybe moderate which is your duty , correct me if i'm wrong.

• FlexxFlexx ✭✭✭✭

@Andy_BD

I appreciate your reply but at the same time even after flagging the spam comments, the post or comments do not get deleted. Many comments are flagged as spam by more than 2-3 users but still they do not get deleted.

One example of spam is already provided by @itsParham , spammers are using trendmicro, malwarebytes, kaspersky download links on bitdefender forum. Well if it would have been in general talk section, then it would have been okay. But they are randomly putting comments in any of the post they want to. Additionally instead of providing original download links of company, they are providing fake download links of those companies

Regards

Flex

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.