Blocking Microsoft Edge Browser Web Sites

Hi

I have Bitdefender total security Installed on all PCs and Laptops in my home.

I have enabled Parental controls on my Son's Laptop and blocked websites that I don't want him to access. This works fine for Chrome and Internet Explorer. But Microsoft Edge will not block these websites. This is very frustrating. I really need to get this to work. Can anyone please assist, as I couldn't find anything in the support area that could help me.

Thanks

Comments

• I've just noticed this Edge exception too. Sorry I don't have a solution either other than uninstalling the Edge browser. Parental controls in Bitdefender are more trouble than they're worth. Can't rely on it to block what you do want blocked and not block what you don't want to block. Either way, my teenager is quite adept at finding workarounds. Where there's a will there's a way. Screentime is equally flakey. Sometimes it shows 0 and fails to register any actual screen time at all. This is not a small innacuracy. It's useless. It's also very awkward to use. Not sure about the anti virus either as that failed to quarantine a chrome extension recently (fastcaptchasolver) that tells me I have a virus and all my files are encrypted every 10 mins. Even Chrome itself failed to identify this when I went through a settings clean up. I don't know if there are any decent anti virus and parental control options available, but I will research further as I've given up with Bitdefender after 2 yrs use.

• I've resorted to using Parental Control to actually block the use of Microsoft Edge and force my kids to use Chrome instead.

Until they fix the Edge issue, this is the best alternative IMO.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.