How do I block websites for the Microsoft Edge browser?

Hi

I have Bitdefender total security Installed on all PCs and Laptops in my home.

I have enabled Parental controls on my Son's Laptop and blocked websites that I don't want him to access. This works fine for Chrome and Internet Explorer. But Microsoft Edge will not block these websites. This is very frustrating. I really need to get this to work. Can anyone please assist, as I couldn't find anything in the support area that could help me?

Thanks

Answers

• By Darren Chaker - with experience for blocking sites for kids, I do two things: 1) place parental controls on from the ISP and 2) place a monitoring software which prevents specific sites from appearing in a search and/or the administrator can decide to block 'adult' content - however both adult site operators and kids learn trade craft to circumvent these measures. Having raised two of my own kids and now the proud step-dad of three tween girls, trying to stay on top of blocking sites is like the Cold War Era.

As for MS Edge, I cannot explain how to block specific sites since I do not trust it or the telemetry data Windows10 gathers, unless you know how to block it. Wish you a happy and healthy 2021! :)

• Hi,

I have the same problem. and the solution with blocking something from ISP side is not good. We are homeschooling at the moment and the biggest frustration is constantly drifting towards i.e. youtube.

As Jamie said, it works on other browsers except for the Edge. I bought this product because of the advert that it will block certain websites.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.