Bitdefender broken!!! Windows 10 Desktop flashing/flickering issue

2»

Answers

• This is NOT a Microsoft Windows Insider issue! See the clip from part my Email to BitDefender technical support on 3/02.

"Windows version 19042 was released on 10/20/20.

Since that time there have been 15 Insider releases. The first 12 worked fine in conjunction with BitDefender.

Then after the BitDefender release of version 25.0.14.58 on 2/09/21 all three later Windows Insider versions fail upon installation (21313, 21318, and 21322--2/12, 2/19, and 2/24)."

Notice the BitDefender technical support reply sent to me yesterday.

"I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end."

This issue has been previously recognized by Bit Defender!! Since it will be fixed with an automatic update and many of us have uninstalled BitDefender it is going to difficult to know when this automatic update is implemented. I have been assured I will get an Email when the update is pushed out. If/when the update is pushed out to users please communicate and verify that the issues with BitDefender are fixed.

I have let Microsoft technical support know that the problem that has been attributed to them was caused by BitDefnder and that they can quit looking for a solution on their end.

• Hi, fellow MS beta testers,

From Microsoft: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/03/10/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-21332/

• We fixed an issue where devices running Trend Micro software may randomly bugcheck.
    • An issue has been fixed where devices with Bitdefender installed experienced a black screen and/or explorer.exe crashes. Resolving the issue requires an update to the Bitdefender software.

Not tested on my part yet,

Regards,

Flash

• Please, get out of here! You're acting like we're total noobs here and didn't already rule out the "usual" driver problem.

Yes, I too am on the Insider Dev channel.

• Ken1914Ken1914
    edited March 25

No idea when this will be fixed. See Bitdefender 3/19 comment from support.

"Thank you for your email.

We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet, but we will contact you as soon as it's implemented by automatic update of Bitdefender. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time.

We will get back to you as soon as we have a fix."

• Can someone please verify that this issue has been fixed in the 4/14 Bitdefender software release 25.0.19.73.