BitDefender keeps resetting my Power & Sleep Screen Timeout to 15 minutes

Greetings,

BitDefender keeps resetting my Windows 10 Power & Sleep Screen Timeout back to 15 minutes after I already had it or keep changing it to a longer setting. This seems to happen if there is some kind of update to BitDefender.

The only solution I know of is to uninstall BitDefender, reinstall and the problem goes away. Someone else mentioned that they write a startup PowerShell Script using PowerCfg to automatically set this back upon login. So, I might give this a try.

Can you guys please fix this. It's been happening for over a year now and has become extremely annoying. I'm seriously considering not even having the thing installed and using another AV related solution.

Thanks!

Featured content

bitdefender review banner

Ukrainian Government Websites Defaced in Massive Cyberattack

Hackers took down and defaced several Ukrainian government websites after diplomatic talks between Ukrainian, Russian and US officials reached a dead end on Thursday.

Read more

Top Five Security Tips for iPhone Owners in 2022

‘Less is more applies’ perfectly to exploits targeting iOS. They are rare, but can inflict major damage..

Read more

Critical Vulnerability in 3 WordPress Plugins Impacts 84,000 Websites

“Security experts last week disclosed a critical WordPress plugin vulnerability affecting over 84,000 websites"

Read more