Scan Activity Bar Inactive: Red X In Both Zones At Every Startup

Hi there everyone,

As of yesterday, I have noticed a few peculiar things about the scan activity bar. First of all, when I start the PC and arrive at the Desktop, the scan activity bar has placed itself slap bang in the middle of the monitor, rather than in the lower right corner of the screen, where it's usually situated alongside the running tray applications icons. The oddball thing is, when I point with the mouse cursor to the activity bar and then point to the lower right corner, the activity bar moves up there without me actually having to drag it there !! (so I don't have to keep the mouse button pressed)

Secondly, the scan activity bar displays a red X in both zones at startup. They won't go away of their own accord. Normally speaking, this doesn't happen. What usually happens at booting is that the BD icon is greyed out until all processes have been initiated, which pops up the activity bar, showing me it's active. I think this is pretty odd, because yesterday I have tested this a few times in a row, by restarting the computer about 5 times with intervals of 15 minutes, in order to evaluate if the problem will go away within this time frame. (keeping the PC inactive, as in 'not actually doing anything')

I am not sure what to make of it, because when I go to the BD Dashboard, it initially seems to indicate that both zones are being scanned. However, when I go have a look at the dashboard later, it seems that neither of the zones are scanned ! (both are empty) Something else I find weird is the fact that automatic updates seems to work as normal, on the dashboard I get notice of installed updates just 5 minutes ago. (whilst I am writing this)

All help in trying to fix this issue would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you contacted us, I created for you the Ticked ID:201105191013123. Please check your e-mail associated with your Forum account, follow the steps I sent you and reply me with all the information I requested you.

Thank you!

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

In order to troubleshoot the issue you contacted us, I created for you the Ticked ID:201105191013123. Please check your e-mail associated with your Forum account, follow the steps I sent you and reply me with all the information I requested you.

Thank you!

Thanks very much for supplying me with the necessary info. It seems however, that this problem has developed into a minor issue. As far as I am aware, the problem has disappeared altogether after a few reboots. In the course of a few days, I did not see it reoccur, so everything works fine now, and everything is as it should be. As far as I can make out, I have had such issues in the past with the scan activity bar in particular, but most of them solved themselves of their own accord, so to speak. This time it seemed more persistent, but as mentioned above, all is fine now.

I downloaded the extra reporting tools you mentioned, just in case such a thing might reoccur or prove to be so persistent that it would really start to develop into a major problem.

In any case, thank you very much for helping me out.

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

Thank you!

The problem has reappeared as of today, May 22. I have sent you the files as requested in support ticket ID:201105191013123 by e-mail, including a jpg file to demonstrate the problem at hand.

Many kind regards.

• Hi PinguThePenguin,

I sent you an answer with the solution.

Thank you!