Laptop Doesn't Start

I've had bit defender 09 and 10 and had zero complaints, until my subscription expired, then I was inundated with pop ups that froze my pc plus my wifes, which caused all sorts of unwanted noise.

I installed 2011 and I think this is horrible, slows my computer way down then it froze my computer during start up. I had to go in to safe mode and stop bitdefender from running.

Without bitdefender, my computer is now running great...this new program is a mess.

Comments

• bluetooth
    edited July 2011
    I've had bit defender 09 and 10 and had zero complaints, until my subscription expired, then I was inundated with pop ups that froze my pc plus my wifes, which caused all sorts of unwanted noise.

I installed 2011 and I think this is horrible, slows my computer way down then it froze my computer during start up. I had to go in to safe mode and stop bitdefender from running.

Without bitdefender, my computer is now running great...this new program is a mess.

this happened to me also but i then did a system restore, used the tool for wiping Bit Defender from your PC and then re-installed, everything seems good now.

• actually scrub what i first wrote. i did an update from 2010 and have had nothing but issues. I am now considering a fresh install of Windows. My games don't work. I have had to do a system restore twice. each time the computer won't load properly and hangs. Why have they added all these features?? my computer was attempting to scan my PC prior to Windows loading, bad news

any help would be appreciated, can i have 2010 back but with my 12 months licence????

• George R.
    edited July 2011

Hello bluetooth,

As we spoke before, I can extend the existing BitDefender Total Security 2010 license key instead and give you the reinstall steps for the previous version. Please contact me via PM.

@dhart: The same offer stands. If you wish to go trough with the downgrade, please contact me via PM with the 7digit license key. Of course, I can also forward this issue to DanyDan for technical support, as this issue can be caused by incompatible hardware and also conflicting software. :)

Looking forward to your replies.