Internet Security 2011 Install Mess

Hi I purchased 3 pc x 2 yr license for 2011 internet security from Amazon downloads and am having problems.

I was upgrading from Internet Security 2010, which is about to expire. Downloaded installer from Amazon and ran it. Got hung up on the final step. Installer said something about "...IE components" and got hung up there. After an hour or so I stopped the installation.

I contacted chat support and was told I was supposed to follow the instructions in the email sent to me and I was given a link for an uninstall tool to be run first. (btw no such email was sent to me). I ran the uninstall tool and tried to reboot my pc - ended up having to pull the plug.

Then re-ran the installer from Amazon and got hung up in the exact same place. Contacted chat support again. This time the agent said my case would have to be referred to tech support for follow up. I said I would run system restore to put my computer back to where it was prior to all the installation attempts. He said that was a good idea.

Ran system restore, now I have no internet connectivity on that computer. Network connections are all fine but I have tried several things to restore internet connectivity on that one pc and I cannot. Other pcs and devices on the network have internet access.

The machine in question is running XP Professional version 5.1, SP 3

Please help!

Comments

• Figured out how to get back online. Still not able to install. Getting msg that license key is not valid. I'll start another post.

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Again

Am now pm'ing you the requested info.

• Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you sent and found that you have used the option RUN instead of SAVE when using the installation kit for BitDefender.

-bdselfpr
    │├    Type    REG_DWORD    0x00000001 (1)
    │├    Start    REG_DWORD    0x00000003 (3)
    │├    ErrorControl    REG_DWORD    0x00000001 (1)
    │├    ImagePath    REG_EXPAND_SZ    \??\C:\DOCUME~1\LAUREE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX1\bdselfpr.sys
    │├    DisplayName    REG_SZ    bdselfpr

I have reopened one of the tickets you had with us (note that a single email will do the trick when asking for assistance, multiple messages will not speed up our answer however it will slow it down). ID: 201107031014551.

Please check your email address associated with your forum account for instructions on how we can resolve the issue you encounter.

• Hello,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Sorry for sending multiple messages - I was frustrated and just trying to find help.

I have now actually got BDIS successfully installed on my desktop. I was kind of surprised by your note saying that I had selected run instead of save for the downloads. I downloaded using Chrome and when I went to the installer file I had downloaded, there was no option other than to run.

Thinking that maybe Chrome was causing at least some of the trouble, what I ended up doing was downloading the installer using IE. The other different step I took was to install a trial version as I had problems with my product key earlier. Once the installation was obviously successful, I entered my product key without difficulty. Anyway, those combined changes resulted in a successful installation - at last!

I have 2 additional computers to install on - wish me luck! And please send me any installation tips you might have. I computer is a netbook with xp running BDIS 2009 the other is a desktop with windows 7 professional with BDIS 2010.

Thanks very much!

Laureen

Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you sent and found that you have used the option RUN instead of SAVE when using the installation kit for BitDefender.

-bdselfpr
    │├    Type    REG_DWORD    0x00000001 (1)
    │├    Start    REG_DWORD    0x00000003 (3)
    │├    ErrorControl    REG_DWORD    0x00000001 (1)
    │├    ImagePath    REG_EXPAND_SZ    \??\C:\DOCUME~1\LAUREE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RarSFX1\bdselfpr.sys
    │├    DisplayName    REG_SZ    bdselfpr

I have reopened one of the tickets you had with us (note that a single email will do the trick when asking for assistance, multiple messages will not speed up our answer however it will slow it down). ID: 201107031014551.

Please check your email address associated with your forum account for instructions on how we can resolve the issue you encounter.

• Hi Laureen,

Well there are two tips I can give you related to the installation:

- save the offline installation kit file (the big one - 250MB) instead of using the Online installer;

- make sure your PC meets the system requirements before upgrading to 2011 - I would install 2011 on the PC with Windows 7 however I would stick on the laptop with 2009/2010.

When the download is complete please make sure that you right click on the saved file and you select "Run as Administrator" - for Windows Vista and Windows 7 only.

If you need any further assistance please let me know.

Kind regards,