[resolved] Pc Crashes During Scan With Blue Screen

I am having the same issue. I just built this PC for the office, I have only installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (clean install - not update). Microsoft Office 2007 Pro. And Malwarebytes. All Windows updates have been done. As soon as the installer tries to do its pre-installation scan I get the BSOD around 4% in. Malwarebytes is not running, so I am not sure what is causing this crash. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. :)

Please don't post in the "Old Topics" forum. I have moved your post to it's own topic in the Installation forum since you are having a problem during the installation process.

Which version of Malwarebytes do you have - the free version or the paid pro version? BD should work with the free version since it does not have real time protection. BD will conflict with the pro version since it has real time protection and will need to be uninstalled before installing BD.

Awaiting your reply,

• Welcome to the forum. :)

Please don't post in the "Old Topics" forum. I have moved your post to it's own topic in the Installation forum since you are having a problem during the installation process.

Which version of Malwarebytes do you have - the free version or the paid pro version? BD should work with the free version since it does not have real time protection. BD will conflict with the pro version since it has real time protection and will need to be uninstalled before installing BD.

Awaiting your reply,

Thank you for the quick response. I have the free trial of Malwarebytes with the 30 Day Pro activated. I did disable Malwarebytes originally as I thought it may be the issue, however it was not the problem. I did find the problem though, it is the "EasyTune 6" software that came with the Gigabyte motherboard. Once I disabled it I was able to install without issue. Just to be sure I cancelled the installation, rebooted to allow the EasyTune software to start automatically, tried the installation of BitDefender again and sure enough it crashed. I then disabled it again and was able to successfully install BD2011.

Hopefully this might help others that may be having the same issue.

• Great, glad you were able to resolve your problem. :)

EasyTune does have real time protection. Anytime you have 2 or more security programs with real time protection installed on a PC, there is a strong possibility that the two will conflict with each other. The general rule of thumb is to NEVER have 2 or more security programs installed at the same time on any PC - no matter who makes them.

Remember, the paid version of Malwarebytes has real time protection and will conflict with BD if running. I have the free version installed which doesn't have a real time protection module and it does not conflict with BD.

I will close this topic as resolved, but feel free to start a new topic should you encounter other issues.

Reagrds,

This discussion has been closed.