[resolved] Blue Screen

I am trying to install Bitdefender on my Windows 7 64 bit computer and 30 seconds into the installation while it is still checking for problems my computer crashes with a blue screen.

I started with the Bitdefender_antivirus and because I was having problems I found the chat on the forum that talked about this program

Bitdefender_internet_security_2011_64b. Both give the same results.

I have uninstalled my Trend Micro anti virus program in case it was the problem but it has made no difference.

Help

Comments

• Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and found the following software installed on your PC:

- Easy Tune 6;

- Windows Family Safety;

I do believe that the BSOD at scan was due to a conflict between the Real time protection provided by Family Safety and the BitDefender scan process.

Please uninstall Windows Essentials then restart the PC.

As you suspected, BitDefender was not correctly installed therefore please save the BitDefender uninstall tool from the link below then right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator".

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Click on the "Uninstall" button then wait to be asked to restart the PC. Save the kit below then right click to run it as Administrator. Follow the on-screen instructions to install BitDefender and let me know if the same BSOD occurs.

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_64b.exe

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Crash and burn! BSOD. Here is the new SYSDUMP.TAR http://www.sendspace.com/file/o81npx

I did it twice with the same results. It took a little longer at 43 seconds instead of 31

• Hello,

I have found the driver for BitDefender Update not removed from the PC:

├-Update Server

│├ Type REG_DWORD 0x00000010 (16)

│├ Start REG_DWORD 0x00000003 (3)

│├ ErrorControl REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

│├ ImagePath REG_EXPAND_SZ C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Arrakis Server\bin\arrakis3.exe

│├ DisplayName REG_SZ BitDefender Update Server v2

│└ ObjectName REG_SZ LocalSystem

Would you agree with a remote session together ? I've sent you the info via PM.

• Yes - to the remote session. I don't see the PM though. What time do you want to do this?

• Hi,

I've sent you the PM again. The hour and the date is to be settle to reflect your free time and my schedule at work. Please send me the details via PM.

Kind regards,

• roblevin14
    edited July 2011

The new password is dXXXXXX3. ID is 784 XXX 405

Hi,

I've sent you the PM again. The hour and the date is to be settle to reflect your free time and my schedule at work. Please send me the details via PM.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved so I can properly close the topic and mark it as resolved.

Kind regards,

• Daniel,

All resolved.

Many thanks for the great support of fixing my problem with Easy Tune 6. I would recommend you and BitDefender to anyone!!!

• Thanks for posting back thatt your issue is resolved. :)

Please start a new topic for any other issues.

I will close this topic & mark it resolved fro DanyDan.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.