[resolved]Registration Key Doesn't Work

Hello,

I was making my way through the installation process but when I got to the registration (ie. enter your registration key) I forgot my internet connection wasn't plugged in. I pressed register now and it gave me a message that my key is only good for a 30 day trial yet I bought it for full price at a local store expecting to receive two years of coverage. When I plugged my internet connection in and retried it I was shown a message that the registration key was all ready in use and couldn't be used again. So I am extremely frustrated as I am suppose to have two years of coverage for up to 3 PC's and currently only have 30 days coverage on 1 PC.

Help.

Comments

• George R.
    edited July 2011

Hello APL,

Please first make sure that the automatic update option is active and you have an active internet connection on that computer. The BitDefender software should automatically detect the correct subscription time in the following 24hours.

If issue persists past this time, please contact me via P.M. with the purchased license key and I will provide a replacement, which will update the registration window with the correct information.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused :)

• steamwhistle99
    edited July 2011

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Where do I find the "automatic update option"? and, what does "contact me by P.M." stand for?

APL

• George R.
    edited July 2011

Hello APL,

In order to check that the automatic update feature is active and has access to the update servers, please follow the steps below:

• open the BitDefender 2011 window
    • click on the Options button -> select Expert view from the drop-down menu
    • select the Update tab
    • make sure that the box next to Automatic update is ticked
    • click on the Update Now button

Did the update process complete successfully? If you go to the Registration tab what does it say under Registration Information?

If you wish, you can send me a screenshot of the Registration Information via P.M. (Personal Messaging) by clicking on this link

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

• I think it may be all right now. It did successfuly complete and under Registration it says my product is good for 730 days.

Sounds okay to me, you?

APL

Hello APL,

In order to check that the automatic update feature is active and has access to the update servers, please follow the steps below:

• open the BitDefender 2011 window
    • click on the Options button -> select Expert view from the drop-down menu
    • select the Update tab
    • make sure that the box next to Automatic update is ticked
    • click on the Update Now button

Did the update process complete successfully? If you go to the Registration tab what does it say under Registration Information?

If you wish, you can send me a screenshot of the Registration Information via P.M. (Personal Messaging) by clicking on this link

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

• Hello APL,

This means that the issue was solved right after a few updates were completed and the license key information was retrieved from our servers :) Glad everything is alright now.

Have a nice day!

• thanks for your quick help. Definitely decreased the frustration level.

APL

Hello APL,

This means that the issue was solved right after a few updates were completed and the license key information was retrieved from our servers :) Glad everything is alright now.

Have a nice day!

• Hello APL,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Feel free to post a new topic if you need any further assistance.

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.