Paranoid Mode

How come in the final version, in the firewall settings tab advanced, paranoid mode dont appear anymore? in the previos version it was everything fine. And i have no alert whatsoever by the firewall, autopilot disabled.

unleddcc.jpg

Comments

• fretless
    edited July 2011
    How come in the final version, in the firewall settings tab advanced, paranoid mode dont appear anymore? in the previos version it was everything fine. And i have no alert whatsoever by the firewall, autopilot disabled.

in my IS 2012 version,the button for enabling paranoid mode is present.but if i enabling it,the automatic updates and autoscan immediately disabled :(

in this case,i receive any alert by the firewall.but autopilot is not reactivabled again!and no autoscan and automatic updates!

• in my IS 2012 version,the button for enabling paranoid mode is present.but if i enabling it,the automatic updates and autoscan immediately disabled :(

in this case,i receive any alert by the firewall.but autopilot is not reactivabled again!and no autoscan and automatic updates!

Yes , because u dont have the final version. Download the final version from here: http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/, and your problem is solved, except the one above, like mine...no paranoid mode, and no firewall :)

• Yes , because u dont have the final version. Download the final version from here: http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/, and your problem is solved, except the one above, like mine...no paranoid mode, and no firewall :)

i HAVE the final version,and the problem is NOT solved.

• in my IS 2012 version,the button for enabling paranoid mode is present.but if i enabling it,the automatic updates and autoscan immediately disabled :(

Same here. Even install the final and latest version. :(

• fretless
    edited July 2011
    Same here. Even install the final and latest version. :(

I think it's a serious bug with the final release version of this gravity

perhaps we needed to wait a bit,before release the final version,and offer consumers the ability to choose the action to be taken when threats are detected,and choose which applications can be authorized or not,with the firewall.

with this version,will encourage users to beginners and more experienced than disappointed, I think :)

• chickenlittle
    edited July 2011

When the paranoid mode is on. Auto scan, auto pilot and auto update is automatically switch off. Problem is still exist in build 15.0.27.312

• I have the final version of 2012 TS and paranoid mode is not there. The only options i have are: permissive, normal and aggressive

• I have the final version of 2012 TS and paranoid mode is not there. The only options i have are: permissive, normal and aggressive

sorry ... my mistake ... Paranoid mode is indeed available

• qlimax1975
    edited July 2011
    sorry ... my mistake ... Paranoid mode is indeed available

where? as u see in my picture above, i cant see that. Pls tell me what u did, or what version do u use. Tks!

• where? as u see in my picture above, i cant see that. Pls tell me what u did, or what version do u use. Tks!

I have the 2012 Total Security

• Go to Settings--->Firewall--->Advanced--->Alert Intensity

Here you'll see the Paranoid Mode.

• qlimax1975
    edited July 2011

@ ONT Did u see the post above, with the picture in it? :)

• allexif
    edited July 2011
    @ ONT Did u see the post above, with the picture in it? :)

Yes Qlimax, I found it too, and have the latest version, I don't know why you can't find it....:|

• chickenlittle
    edited July 2011
    Yes Qlimax, I found it too, and have the latest version, I don't know why you can't find it....:|

Try to uninstall with Bitdefender Uninstall Tool mate. then download this version from here (link below). Do not download full install version.

http://download.cnet.com/BitDefender-Internet-Security/3000-18510_4-10540275.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

this version will download new install files from bitdefender server then install it. Hope it work for you. Since i have the same version as you do and i have paranoid mode even though there some bugs.

bis2012.png

• Hi again.

After a few days i decided to try again, to see if any bugs have been repaired. Well still disappointed. No paranoid mode again in the last version, no allow deny pop-up, and i mean not at all, all leak test i've tried just failed. I see autopilot is working now though. Sad :(

unledhrl.jpg

• Cristi Raducu
    edited August 2011

You are using an old kit with an old build.

The latest build is 14.0.27.312

Here's the correct kit:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_isecurity.exe

• This kit i used comes with bitdefender online installation. Ill try the new one. Thank you!

• For this mode, you need more flexible configuration.

• Well i did a new install with the kit u given me. The paranoid mode is back on, but the old bugs came along with it. When enabling paranoid mode and IDS, automatic scan, auto update, bitdefender toolbar are off. After enabling all this, they are off again when i restart. And encryption is not working either. I guess i will be back to 2011 version witch is working great, until this product will be bugs free.

• One thing-> from what i see everything is linked to that paranoid mode. When is off, everything is fine, when is on everything is a mess. Just a thought.

• Well i did a new install with the kit u given me. The paranoid mode is back on, but the old bugs came along with it. When enabling paranoid mode and IDS, automatic scan, auto update, bitdefender toolbar are off. After enabling all this, they are off again when i restart. And encryption is not working either. I guess i will be back to 2011 version witch is working great, until this product will be bugs free.

that no moderator can answer about these bugs? there are so many bugs in this final version, and not even get an answer? as the solution to the problems mentioned?

• fretless
    edited August 2011

you think, after days and days, not deigning to give a minimum response to a customer, for the previous questions,you look nice?

• you think, after days and days, not deigning to give a minimum response to a customer, for the previous questions,you look nice?

so you value your customers? but an answer, it costs so much?

• Hello,

Sorry for my late response but had to check on some things before submitting my post. The paranoid mode wasn't available in the first versions of the BitDefender 2012 however, it was added with the final release. This feature is the opposite of Autopilot therefore you can't enable Autopilot if you also have Paranoid mode on. Furthermore, please note that paranoid mode is set to turn off autopilot if ON when paranoid mode is being activated.

Paranoid mode will enable ALL notifications for: Firewall, IDS and AVC.

Fretless: have you tried reinstalling BitDefender 2012, download the latest kit then install it ? Is the Paranoid mode option still not available after the reinstall ? Have you tried with the Paranoid mode ON to enable Autopilot ?

One thing-> from what i see everything is linked to that paranoid mode. When is off, everything is fine, when is on everything is a mess. Just a thought.

@Qlimax1975: the option is designed to do what its name suggests: to put BitDefender in a very high state of security. Can you please define what you mean by "everything is a mess" ? Thank you!

• @ DanyDan: As you said. The paranoid mode will only affect with auto pilot. If we want to use auto pilot, we have to turn off paranoid mode and if we turn on paranoid mode, the auto pilot will deactivated itself? so why the paranoid mode still affect with auto scan and auto update? what i mean is why auto scan and auto update deactivated itself like auto pilot when the paranoid mode is being turned on?

• Chickenlittle: still working on reproducing it. I will let you know tomorrow, when I come back into the office.

Regards,

• Chickenlittle: still working on reproducing it. I will let you know tomorrow, when I come back into the office.

Regards,

i hope that a fix will be available soon :)

hi,DanyDan! :)

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Hello,

I have escalated the issue to the respectful department. A fix will be available soon via the Automatic Update module within BitDefender.

ChickenLittle: ticket ID: 201108161017547.

Fretless: ticket ID: 201108161017703;

Regards,

• Have u fix this or is still in progress?

• fretless
    edited September 2011

at today,after installing again BIS,the latest version,if i enable paranoid mode,whith auto pilot disabled(a useless option,IMHO)at restart auto scan and auto udate are disabled.since its release, the 2012 version had this problem.possible still not resolved?I would like to decide manually the actions to accomplish to detected malware and firewall rules!when this issue will be resolved?

• received update.problem solved,finally.the last unfixed bug:

when a malware is detected,in my case during scanning an infected file,the home page of IE change to"about:blank".no possibility to change the page until restarting the pc.it's very annoying problem!with FF,no problem.

when fix or workarond released?please,help me!

• The "about:blank" issue is related to the Antivirus module, not the Firewall. It has been discussed in this topic and in this topic.

Regards,