Bitdefender Crashes And Freeze's Pc

Hi I'm new to this forum,On 6/8/011 Bitdefender 2011 reported that there was a virus and to run scan and reboot, I did this, then Bitdefender would not update or give real-time virus protection. It then crashed my PC and froze all windows, so I un-installed bitdefender with the un-install tool, I then restored my PC to an earlier date, and then un-installed Bitdefender again just in-case there were any files left. My PC ran normal, but I had no protection, so I installed Bitdefender 2012, same thing happened crashed PC frozen windows, I could not turn PC off, and had to hold on/off button in etc, once again I un-installed bitdefender, the PC ran normally.

Then came the most frustrating 5 days of call centre phone advice I have ever experienced in my life, I sent all the files which Bitdefender required, to send to their labs, my PC came back as clean with no problems. Every time I called I had to go through the same proceeder, even when I gave the operator my ticket number, they just kept telling me to do the same things, that I had already done countless times. I have been using Bitdefender for 5 + years now and have never encountered these problems. 2011 version had been running OK on my PC until this problem occurred, but now crashes my PC, 2012 crashes my PC, I am now gone back to trying Bitdefender 2010.

The problem is I have purchased a 2 year license, and I am running old version Bitdefender soft-ware, I had no protection for 5 days, except for windows, so did not go on line, and the Bitdefender call operators just do not care, they seem to read from a ******, and repeat the same, lines to you endlessly. When they tell you to do any on the PC, they think your PC is super fast, and are impatient, when you tell them that it has not loaded, or your not on the page that they expect you to be on etc,

Has any-one else had this problem with a reported Trojan, told to run full system scan and reboot, then Bitdefender crashes PC.

Help and or, advice welcome

Comments

• Welcome to the forum. :)

First, please post the ticket number you received from BD.

Next, do you have any other security program installed on your PC? Did you previously have any other security program installed that was subsequently uninstalled? What is the basic configuration of your PC - which Windows OS & Service Pack, 32-bit or 64-bit, CPU type & speed, amount of installed RAM? Which BD 2010, 2011 & 2012 products are you using (Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security)?

Finally, please follow these steps to submit the dump file to BD for further investigation:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Regards,

• I have already done all that you suggest, the lab tells me there is nothing wrong with my PC. I now have 2010 installed same thing is happening, freeze on scanning and then PC freeze I have to shut down with on/off button.

• Then it is going to be impossible to help you if you won't provide the most basic information. That is why I asked for the ticket number - tech support on the forum can look up the ticket information, see what has already been done and proceed from there. But... :mellow:

Regards,

• Barebones
    edited August 2011

Sorry I am new to this here is the ticket 201108071004733

Vista home premium 32 service pack 2

2 gb ram

Pentium R 2.80

no other security only Bitdefender.

2011, then 2012, back to 2010

• nikki605
    edited August 2011

Thank you. :) Now, please allow the BD tech support folks some time to find your topic and research the information already in your trouble ticket. This may take a few days, depending on their schedule and workload. As soon as they have completed their evaluation, they will respond with the next steps they recommend taking.

Were you successfully able to install BD 2010? Which product - Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security?

Regards,

• Yes I have installed 2010 internet security, it's frozen once so far.

• nikki605
    edited August 2011

OK, BDIS 2010 currently installed, with one freeze. When you were working with BD phone support and had a different version installed, did they ever have you run the SupportTool? (I have to ask because as a forum Mod, I don't have access to the trouble ticket data like tech support does).

Awaiting your reply,

• No they never made any reference of a support tool.

• Hello,

I've read the entire ticket you had with my colleagues. After following the steps Mihaela provided you via email on 08/11/2011 10:14:40 did it resolve the freeze issue ?

Please let us know via the forum or via email the results of the last email receive from us.

Looking forward to your answer!

• No, installed 2010 version, all was fine, then freeze and crash, message Windows Explorer stopped working looking for solution, restored PC to an earlier date.

• Hi,

Would you like to perform the upgrade together ? I would like to assist you on this matter and, if the issue resurface, to gather all the logs I need to identify it then resolve it.

I have sent you the details via email. Please let me know your decision.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Hi,

I have the same problem, I got total security 2012 a couple of weeks ago and my computer doesn't start after installation. I had 2011 before and is uninstalled now.

Could you help me, please ?

• Unknown
    edited August 2011

Hello,

Alipali:

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering please send us the following:

1. A Support Tool log;

2. A screenshot displaying the error (if applicable);

[how to GENERATE A STANDALONE SUPPORT TOOL LOG]

. Save and extract the Bitdefender_Supporttool tool to a location of your choice:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...Supporttool.exe

. Double-click on the Bitdefender_Supporttool.exe file (if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the

Bitdefender_Supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator");

. Fill in the required information and press the "Next" button (make sure you use a valid email address and

include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering);

NOTE! If you want to reproduce the issue and enable additional logging you will have to restart the computer

and then use the Support Tool again after reproducing the issue to complete the data gathering;

. A file will be created on your desktop (BDSP_*);

. Upload the results to one of the online file hosting servers mentioned below or use one of your own:

http://www.sendspace.com

http://www.rapidshare.com

http://www.mediafire.com

[how to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

. When you want to capture the content of the screen press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard ("Print Screen" is usually located at right top of the keyboard); At this step we can't notice any effect as the picture is copied into Windows's Clipboard;

NOTE! Some laptops might require pressing the "Fn" and the "Prnt Scrn" keys at the same time in order to capture a screenshot;

. Open a graphic editing application (we recommend using the standard Paint program that comes with every Windows installation from: "Start" > "Programs" > "Accessories" > "Paint");

. Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using "Edit" > "Paste");

. Save the file in JPEG format (as BMP format is too big to to attach it) to a location of your choice (use "File" > "Save as..." and set "Save as type:" to "JPEG") and attach it to this topic.

When you have the log file send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link along with the topic url(link) for faster tracking.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Kind regards,

P.S. you should have created a new topic. Posting in another topic (even if the issue may look the same) considering that it's an installation issue, I would prefer working on each report in a different topic as the cause may not be the same.

Regards,

• This problem came back. I had to remove Bitdefender from Windows 7. And, this was damned near impossible to do because the computer froze so quickly after bootup and it was not possible to run the uninstaller from Safe Mode. I'll probably find another tool at this point.