[resolved] Installation Failure. Cannot Access %public%/desktop

I also have this posted on the 2012 forum. I have tried installing the 2011 with the same problem. Here is the link to the details in the 2012 forum: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28412

The machine was a Best Buy Floor Model so I am thinking their demo software and configuration may have caused problems with security and such. I hope I don't have to do a system restore from the backup CD's but if that is what it takes...

Meantime, any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick

Comments

• The machine was a Best Buy Floor Model so I am thinking their demo software and configuration may have caused problems with security and such. I hope I don't have to do a system restore from the backup CD's but if that is what it takes...

Meantime, any help is greatly appreciated.

Rick

That piece of information is KEY and I think you are on the right track. You are going to have to look through the installed programs looking for anything that looks or sounds like an unknown, research it and possibly uninstall it.

It is impossible for us to know what may have been installed in that "floor model" environment.

Failing all else, it may be quicker and safer to just use those backup CD's if you know them to be the "factory default" without any possible demo software.

Regards,

• Made the system Backup disks then restored the factory image. Installation of BD went smooth as silk afterwards.

• Great - that was probably the best solution! :) At least now you have started from a known good Windows installation.

I'll close this topic as resolved. Please feel free to start a new topic if you have any other issues.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.