[resolved]problem Installing Bitdefender Antivirus 2011

Hello,

When I try to install Bitdefender Antivirus 2011 I get a BSOD. Specifically when it scans my files before the actual installation.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Comments

• Please read General Rule #6 in the posting rules. We need much more specific information about your PC before we will be able to provide any assistance. Include the specific stop code in the BSOD.

Do you have any other security programs installed? Did you uninstall any other security programs before installing BDAV 2011? If yes, what method of uninstall did you use? Running multiple security programs with real time protection, or leftover files/Registry entries from the incomplete uninstallation of other security programs is the most common cause for this type of problem.

Thanks,

• Please read General Rule #6 in the posting rules. We need much more specific information about your PC before we will be able to provide any assistance. Include the specific stop code in the BSOD.

Do you have any other security programs installed? Did you uninstall any other security programs before installing BDAV 2011? If yes, what method of uninstall did you use? Running multiple security programs with real time protection, or leftover files/Registry entries from the incomplete uninstallation of other security programs is the most common cause for this type of problem.

Thanks,

Thank you for the fast answer.

My computer is running on Windows 7 64 bit.

You might not need the hardware specifications but I'll mention them anyway:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58-USB3

Processor: Intel i7 950

GPU: Club 3D GTX 560 Coolstream OC edition

Samsung spinpoint F3 harddrive

Corsair 750tx power supply

I had Norton installed until my license was over (couple of days ago). Then I installed AVG free for the time being until I got my Bitdefender. I just used the uninstall file in the Antivirus Folders.

I've also read by now that I could be EasyTune6? (Strange cus it isn't an Anti virus or such). I got that program with my motherboard together with other useful programs.

Now I'll clean my registry with Ccleaner and see if that works, if not I'll write down the code and post it here as well.

Thank you in advance

• TomVerheye
    edited September 2011

Registry cleaning didn't work so I'll post the code:

0x00000124(0000000,0xFFFFFA800696B028,0x0000000B6000000,0x0000000000200001)

• Thanks, that's just the kind of information we needed. To start with a clean PC, follow these steps:

1. Uninstall BD using the Uninstall Tool you can download from HERE.

2. Download and run the uninstall tools for Norton & AVG from the links found in this pinned topic to ensure all traces have been removed.

3. EasyTune also has real time protection that will conflict with any other security program running real time protection, like BD. Never install 2 security programs with real time protection at the same time. EasyTune must be disabled or uninstalled as discussed in this topic.

4. Download a fresh copy of BDAV from the link in this pinned topic and try the installation again.

Post back with your results.

Regards,

• I've followed your steps and Bitdefender 2011 is now successfully installed!

Thank you very much for the fast responses and great service (can't say that about Norton service...).

Kind Regards,

Tom

• You're welcome, glad it's resolved. :)

I'll close this topic so if any new issues should arise, please start a new one.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.