Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 2012 Blocks Program Access To Internet, 2011 Not

Options

I have 2011 Antivirus on one computer and all my programs work OK. I got a new computer and the download provided 2012 Antivirus, not 2011. Everything works fine except for one program that has an error stating it can't download data from the server which is over the Internet.

Apart from the fact that the program works fine on my other computer with 2011, on the new computer I uninstalled programs and reinstalled my program. The connection to the Internet works. Then I reinstalled 2012 and again it is blocked.

It's very strange that all my other programs are accessing over the Internet without a problem. Additional strange is that I don't have the firewall software, only Antivirus.

I have a ticket (201108221045661) but quicker help her would be great as this is really screwing me around having to work on two computers.

Comments

• BTW, does anyone have a link that will allow me to download the antivirus 2011 version ?

• Hello Jack,

You mention a software you are having issues with however you don't mention the software name and version. What is the exact behavior ? Do you have AVC enabled ? Try to add that software into the exceptions list as explained below and let me know if the issue persist:

Please follow the steps below to add the software blocked by AVC into exclusions list:

Open BitDefender, go to "Settings" -> "Antivirus" tab -> "Exclusions" and click on "Excluded processes". Click on the "Add" button to add the EXE file in question so it won't be scanned/blocked by AVC. Restart the PC again to see if the issue still occur.

NOTE: if the file has an extension written in caps (EXE) rename the file and set the extension as exe (without caps) then add the file as an exception.

Regards,

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

We must not exceptions to do, and advanced settings of the proactive module, that would have had the opportunity to get detailed information about the suspicious process, the ability to extract to the quarantine and send for analysis in the laboratory, create a rule, but that's just unprofessional.

• Hello Daniel, what is AVC?

I have my antivirus running. I turned it off with no change. I have included the program in "excluded processes" with no change to my problem.

The program is ThinkTDA from TDAmeritrade. When I load in its standard configuration it works fine. Within it there is a program called ProphetCharts. It is this application that fails to access the Internet. When it opens I see no change in the applications or processes in the task manager.

Windows firewall is off.

Jack

Hello Jack,

You mention a software you are having issues with however you don't mention the software name and version. What is the exact behavior ? Do you have AVC enabled ? Try to add that software into the exceptions list as explained below and let me know if the issue persist:

Please follow the steps below to add the software blocked by AVC into exclusions list:

Open BitDefender, go to "Settings" -> "Antivirus" tab -> "Exclusions" and click on "Excluded processes". Click on the "Add" button to add the EXE file in question so it won't be scanned/blocked by AVC. Restart the PC again to see if the issue still occur.

NOTE: if the file has an extension written in caps (EXE) rename the file and set the extension as exe (without caps) then add the file as an exception.

Regards,

• Daniel, further info, Windows came up with a message "BitDefender AVC HV has a driver problem" and offered to fix. I clicked to fix but it couldn't find a driver on the Internet.

• The level of support at Bitdefender is so low I am beginning to regret my decision to move over from TrendMicro. I was a happy customer of their's for years and made a change because of a minor irritation. What a mistake!

If things don't improve quickly I'm heading back to them.

Step 1 -- give me a link to download BD 2011 as at least I know that doesn't give me a problem

Step 2 - actually address my problem instead of ignoring it - opened ticket 12h24 on 8/22 and still no reply apart from this weak communiction that does nothing for me.

================================================================================

===========

with

Hello Jack,

Regards,

• Step 1 -- give me a link to download BD 2011 as at least I know that doesn't give me a problem

Step 2 - actually address my problem instead of ignoring it - opened ticket 12h24 on 8/22 and still no reply apart from this weak communiction that does nothing for me.

1. Direct download links for all 2011 products can be found in this pinned topic.

2. If you received a ticket number from BD support, Please post it here for follow-up.

Regards,

• Thanks Gary

My ticket number is 201108221045661 - it is included in ym first post in this thread.

Jack

1. Direct download links for all 2011 products can be found in this pinned topic.

2. If you received a ticket number from BD support, Please post it here for follow-up.

Regards,

• Thanks Gary

My ticket number is 201108221045661 - it is included in ym first post in this thread.

Jack

Oops, sorry :( I missed that! Thanks for re-posting. :)

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi,

First of all I would like to ask you why you consider the level of Support so low ? You open the topic 3 days ago and you received so far few replies, including via email. Note that the average response time is 48-72 hours therefore I find your statement unjust.

Second, you mention the following:

Daniel, further info, Windows came up with a message "BitDefender AVC HV has a driver problem" and offered to fix. I clicked to fix but it couldn't find a driver on the Internet.

- can you please post a screenshot ?

Last but not least and with all due respect however you need to send us at least the basics info about the issue you encounter. You have not mentioned in your email which program exactly you have issues with and we can't guess it.

So it happens I am familiar with ProphetChart, TDAmeritrade, Scottrade etc. Have you followed the steps mentioned above to add the exclusion ? Did it resolve the issue you encounter ?

Replied to your query in response to the ticket you have open with us. ID: 201108221045661.

Kind regards,

• First of all I would like to ask you why you consider the level of Support so low ? You open the topic 3 days ago and you received so far few replies, including via email. Note that the average response time is 48-72 hours therefore I find your statement unjust.

[Jack]: These may be acceptable response times within your organization, however I am making a comparison to the level of support I got from TrendMicro, which was much swifter.

-----------------------------

Second, you mention the following:

- can you please post a screenshot ?

[Jack]: It happened once - I'll do so if it re-occurs.

Last but not least and with all due respect however you need to send us at least the basics info about the issue you encounter. You have not mentioned in your email which program exactly you have issues with and we can't guess it.

So it happens I am familiar with ProphetChart, TDAmeritrade, Scottrade etc. Have you followed the steps mentioned above to add the exclusion ? Did it resolve the issue you encounter ?

[Jack]: When I created the ticket, your system spent time gathering information which I assume is relevant to the problem. I mentioned above at 8.25 am on 8/24 the specific program name. In that same post I mention that I have tried the exclusion and that it made no difference.

Replied to your query in response to the ticket you have open with us. ID: 201108221045661.

[Jack]: Yes you did and gave instructions specifying one of two files that I should delete. I replied to you stating that "httpvs10u.dll" and "httpvs9u.dll" are not there but "httpvs10xu.dll" is and asking if that's the correct one.

You are a bit upset that I am challenging the level of your support. Maybe the fact that you issue instruction specifying files that don't even exist in your program folders should give you pause to think that maybe there is some validity to my concerns.

• Replied to your query in response to the ticket you have open with us. ID: 201108221045661.

Even though the files you specified are not in my folders, I renamed the one I found with the closest name and this solved my problem.

You state "9. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one"

At what point will I be able to select yes for product update?

• i have same problem with bitdefender internet security 2012 .. avc hv bitdefender not found driver ..

post-74174-1316222047_thumb.jpg

post-74174-1316221944_thumb.jpg

post-74174-1316222027_thumb.jpg

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited September 2011
    Options

I found same problem on my computer.

Bitdefender AVC HV could not load driver software. <_<

captureprt.png

• Hi,

I'm also having issue with BitDefender AVC HV.

I unfortunately have to admit I'm aligned with Jack, I have been very disappointed by BitDefender support.... 3-4 days to answer you to reinstall while you specified you did it, and another 3-4 days for another answer... let's say, they just don;t care that you are having an issue. Important thing is, it's not 3 days to answer, it's 3 days between every answer!!!!! I'm sorry if it makes you hungry or anything but that really does not meet my expectations in term of support, and I'm sure I'm not alone... will probably review my choice for my next licence, after 6 years of BitDefender usage...

The issue:

I ran the device driver update tool in win7, I saw that there was a driver having an issue, win7 proposed to fix it but was unable. I don't know what this driver is related to, the only thing I know is the driver seems not to work.

Please help.

Cheers

post-76330-1317815948_thumb.jpg

• I'm also having an access issue created when upgrading from 2011 to 2012.

If I turn my firewall on...I get NO INTERNET at all.

Not just one program.

No email and no web sites, no nothing.

If I turn the firewall off everything comes back.

Never mind ticket numbers because I have lots of them and nobody answers.

Not even once.

I have done the built in support thing where it freezes your system for 25 minutes while it sends you a report...and still nobody answers.

I have done live chat and the guy was too busy to respond any quicker than one short sentence every 10 minutes.

And when I got angry he told me that they are expected to handle more than 5 simultaneous calls at a time so he couldn't respond any quicker.

And over more than half an hour online I can't even get the problem described - so I can't get anywhere during the full duration of a lunch break at work and I haven't been able to take a day off of work to have a "LIVE" chat yet - so I'm stuck.

Maybe somebody here will help.

Yes, my software is completely up to date.

I'm running Win7-64.

IS2011 worked fine except that I had to re-add my printer IP to my network whitelist every single day.

IS2012 has been installed for more than a month and not functioning so now I haven't been able to use my home computer online for more than a month.

I'm very frustrated and very disappointed in a software company that i once loved and actively promoted to others.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Should you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.