Bitdefender Mac, Uninstall ****** Doesn't Uninstall

Mercurial
edited August 2011 in Installation

(My apologies if this is the wrong area for this post. If it is kindly point me in the right forum direction and I'll repost there. Thanks!)

After trying BitDefender for my Windows Desktop I decided to try it on my MacBook Pro to see what it looked like on a Mac. It installs, scans, and updates just fine but it won't remove properly.

I followed the directions and ran the BitDefender uninstall ******. The scripts runs fine and completes on a success, however BitDefender isn't uninstalled. If I open up my activity monitor it still has its processes running and when doing a scan its files are still on my computer.

The processes still running are:

BDDaemon (this process is also taking 500mb of my system RAM)

BDCoreIssues

BDUpdDaemon

How can I manually remove BitDefender from my Mac if the uninstall ****** doesn't work?

Comments

• Has there been a fix released for this? I am having the same issue.

• Hello,

I have created tickets for both of you and escalated your request to my colleagues from the Mac team. They will contact you further via email.

Mercurial: Ticket ID: 201109011001367;

Jim Burris: Ticket ID: 201109011001416;

Kind regards,

• Hi

I too have downloaded the uninstall for Bitdefender for Mac and I am unable to unstall the programme. Could you please advice me what I need to do.

Regards

Adrian

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi milish and welcome to our forums.

I have created this ticket on your behalf and escalated your request to my colleagues from the Mac team. They will contact you further via email.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

• Had trouble with this too... had to edit the python BDRemove ****** to recognise OS X 10.7

• Im having the same issue. What is the solution?

Thanks

• I am also struggling with this problem.

... could you (at least) provide instructions how to manually remove this resource hog?

I installed the Test Version yesterday, and then found Bitdefender to slow down my automated build by a factor of 7 on the latest MacBook Pro! (Was: <2 minutes, now >14 Minutes). Adding some exclusions did help, but not enough. Now this piece of **** refuses to uninstall.

I did not expect this software to be that bad.

• Is there an update to

Mercurial: Ticket ID: 201109011001367;

Jim Burris: Ticket ID: 201109011001416;

created several 2 months ago?

• Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The solution is available here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=125728

Thank you very much.

• Hello

I have a similar problem. I've tried the solution in the link but it did not work. I think the ****** does not work in mac os x 10.7

I'm using mac os 10.7.2.

Thank you

• Hello and welcome to our forums

Do you have a ticket ID created in the system?

Thank you.

• I've sent a ticket as an unregistered user...

Is this what you are asking about?

• well i've managed to do it... I checked the links in this thread and i saw that there was a ****** provided by the german team. So i downloaded this file.

http://download.bitdefender.com/mac/antivi...rus_for_mac.dmg which i noticed had a date modified in september this year (after lion was launched)

Used the ****** twice and rebooted between uses just like it was written and now it's gone.

No thanks to the bitdefender team i've managed to get this ###### software off my computer. Learn from my fail.

• Hello

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great week.

• well i've managed to do it... I checked the links in this thread and i saw that there was a ****** provided by the german team. So i downloaded this file.

http://download.bitdefender.com/mac/antivi...rus_for_mac.dmg which i noticed had a date modified in september this year (after lion was launched)

Used the ****** twice and rebooted between uses just like it was written and now it's gone.

No thanks to the bitdefender team i've managed to get this ###### software off my computer. Learn from my fail.

Hi,

I had the same problem as well. Spend the good part of my day trying to uninstall the BitDefender. What was even more annoying is that the extensions for Firefox and Safari could not be removed either and it asked me to install the extension to Safari every time I restarted the computer.

Downloading the new file and running the uninstall twice and a reboot worked.

I was considering the BitDefender but I have promised to myself that I will never buy, or make the mistake of trying a bitdefender product ever again in my life.

I wish the vendors would provide finished programs that work and that can be uninstalled properly.

That said, I am truly appreciative of the posts on the forum, and that there was finally a solution to it.

Sincerely,

RR.

• Dear Cristi,

Have you got any root cause ,most of the user facing same problem .please share the cause behind this .

• Hello RishiRaj

Thank you for your feedback.

Please tell me do you have a ticket ID created in the system?

Take care.

• catad13
    edited December 2011

It is the most idiot software I ever seen!!! The same is the support too!!

I spent two hours removing this bulls*it from my Mac. On Windows I ended up in a blue screen, because it moved the kernel in quarantine !

Even malware is more friendly than Bitdefender!

• Hello

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.