[resolved] Removing Gray Wart From Firefox & Internet Explorer

Some pages on Firefox 5.0 such as YouTube, Hotmail, Wikipedia show an ugly gray button on top of the page which expands to a "This page is safe" BDAV Plus 2012 subscreen with Sandbox, Settings and ON/OFF buttons.

I do NOT want this gray wart to appear on top of the text or pictures I am browsing, but I can't find a way to remove it.

I set "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" to OFF in Privacy|Manage Rules|Antiphishing.

There's no Bitdefender plug-in or extension in Firefox either, so I can't disable it the normal way.

I don't see this gray button on Internet Explorer or Chrome, same YouTube page.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this button that hides part of the browser's content?

I'd prefer to keep the antiphishing protection on if possible, but getting rid of this gray button is even higher priority to me.

I tried to set every antiphishing setting to OFF but it didn't help.

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited August 2011

Hi Chimel,

You can hide it by opening your Bitdefender and clicking on Settings. Then go to 'Privacy Control' and from the Antiphishing tab set on OFF 'Show Bitdefender Toolbar'.

Thank you!

• Hi Mihaela, I did hours ago as I already said, and closed and restarted Firefox twice since, but the gray button stayed on.

As far as I can make it, the gray button was initially present on all Firefox tabs, then disappeared from some of them and stayed on the 3 sites I mentioned above.

I just closed and restarted Firefox again without changing anything on BDAV 2012 or without restarting the computer, and now the gray button has fully disappeared from all Firefox tabs.

It looks like "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" does not take action immediately, you may want to look into that.

It was certainly weird to see at some stage half the tabs without the gray button, the other half still with it.

Since this is a really ugly button that hides part of the browser's text or pictures, I strongly recommend to set this toolbar setting to OFF by default, especially in Auto Pilot mode.

• It WAS gone from every Firefox tab, but the gray wart reappeared again minutes later!

I looked at my settings again, and "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" was turned back ON automatically.

I am 99.9999% certain that it has been turned ON by the Auto Pilot mode.

So I have now turned both Auto Pilot and the Toolbar OFF.

I would much prefer to keep Auto Pilot on, even though I have no clue what it does, it just feel safer and more protected, but with such ugly fugly buttons over every page in my browser, this is not an option.

It does not even seem to fit with the Auto Pilot principles. As far as I can make out what this Auto Pilot feature does, it's supposed to take decisions for the user. So choosing to display or not display the toolbar has nothing to do with taking decisions without the user's input. I am not talking about removing the toolbar or the feature, just removing its visual appearance.

Besides, it's not even a toolbar, it is not listed in Firefox Plugins and Extensions, it is an app from a mad developer that does not conform to any Firefox toolbar principles, or to plain common sense (hiding part of the screen in a way that can't be removed?!?)

Either change the design of this feature, remove any visual impact in Auto Pilot mode, or detach it from the Auto Pilot feature.

N.B. I found out why the gray wart appears on some pages and not others: When I close and restart Firefox, it is set to display all previously opened tabs as they were, including the gray wart even if you changed the setting to OFF in BDAV 2012. However, some of the pages/sites like Gmail or Google Reader are set to refresh automatically, so the gray wart would eventually disappear within seconds. They also disappear if you go to a static page that has one and refresh manually.

• This is ridiculous. Auto Pilot and "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" are both OFF, but when I just restarted Firefox, every single tab without exception showed the gray wart, even Gmail or after reloading manually the web pages.

I closed and restarted Firefox again, and the gray wart disappeared. I looks like just opening BDAV 2012 does something to this feature.

I don't know who wrote this app, but it works too randomly. Please just get rid of it.

• Hi Chimel,

I tried to reproduce the situation you described on 3 different machines and it reoccurred only with Youtube. I announced the testing team about this and as soon as I will have an answer I will post it here. In the meanwhile I need you to provide me with the following information:

- how did you remove the previous version of Bitdefender you used ?

- from where did you get the installation kit ?

- what Build you have ( to see it you need to must click on Bitdefender icon from system tray and choose About) ?

Thank you!

• Hi Mihaela, I used the BitDefender 2011 uninstall tool I downloaded from bitdefender.com/uninstall.

I downloaded the BDAV Plus 2012 x64 executable from a link posted on the forum:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...lus/2012/en-us/

It is build 15.0.27.312.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled BDAV 2012 again, rebooting each time, disabled Auto Pilot and the Toolbar, and ran the latest update.

And to be sure, there's no gray wart now in any Firefox tab.

It probably appears when users are fiddling with their BDAV settings. The toolbar setting does not seem to apply immediately.

So I don't have the problem anymore, but at the cost of disabling Auto Pilot.

In any case, the design of this toolbar is terrible, please ask the product team to make sure no visual element hides part of the web pages in the browser.

• Hi Mihaela, the gray wart reappeared today! :(

I installed the 16 updates from Windows Update on Patch Tuesday, and when I rebooted, the gray wart reappeared on all of Dailybooth, Wikipedia, all Google pages except the SSL ones (https such as gmail or reader), and on my Hotmail (live.com) page too.

Refreshing the pages or closing/restarting the browser did not remove the wart.

It appears in a different position on each page, not very smart if that's on purpose.

And I suppose no user with disabilities is able to access this toolbar anyway, because it's not a real toolbar that follows basic Windows and Firefox accessibility features.

I double-checked my BDAV settings: Auto Pilot and "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" are both turned off, so as I understand, this behavior should never happen and is a real bug.

• Hello Chimel,

Thanks again for your contribution in helping us. Can you please post a screenshot ? Thank you!

• nikki605
    edited August 2011

(Slightly off topic post) I have seen similar behavior using IE9 - the BD Toolbar tab showing up even though it is set to OFF in the options. I have found a work-around, but I don't know if it will work in Firefox.

Close all browser windows.

Open BD and navigate to the BD Toolbar settings page.

Set the Toolbar to ON.

Wait a second and set the Toolbar back to OFF.

Close BD.

Start the web browser. For me, the Toolbar tab is no longer displayed on any webpage.

Eventually, the tab will reappear and I have to repeat the above steps, although I have not been able to find the exact sequence that causes the tab to reappear.

post-35640-1312980987_thumb.jpg

The Toolbar and tab are not browser Add-ons, but I believe, code added to each webpage as discussed in these topics.

Regards,

• Yeah, same screenshot as Gary, but for Firefox. I sent you the screenshots by email to support@bitdefender.com (Hotmail and Google main page) as the forum does not allow to attach them.

I am 99% sure I know exactly what caused the gray wart to reappear:

For me, it was playing with my BDAV settings, enabling the password, deleting events. In short, playing with the BDAV GUI but not with the settings that affect the gray wart such as Auto Pilot or the toolbar display setting.

It resulted in 2 things: The gray wart reappeared after Patch Tuesday reboot, even after closing and reopening Firefox (checked in Task Manager that the process was fully gone before launching Firefox again) and my Windows Explorer Folder settings were reset again to the default or whatever the BitDefender developer of the day had on his own machine. Hidden and system folders were masked again, as well as file extensions and maybe other settings I haven't found about yet.

But the weird thing is that the delayed action of the toolbar appearance/disappearance I reported previously repro'd this morning:

The 3 Firefox tabs still showed the gray wart, but it disappeared after I refreshed (reloaded) the page for Dailybooth and Google. Kinda same for Hotmail, the gray wart did not disappear after switching from Inbox to Deleted Items and then back to Inbox, but it disappeared as soon as I reloaded the page.

I haven't done anything between yesterday night when I tried getting rid of the gray wart and this morning that could explain this behavior: I left the computer on overnight, so it's the same Windows and the same Firefox session, I didn't change the Auto Pilot and toolbar settings. The only difference is the time elapsed. It definitely seems like there is a delayed action regarding the toolbar. Most likely because the code that ads the BitDefender toolbar code to each tab is messed up, can't process each tab it should, and processes tabs it shouldn't.

I have 10 pinned tabs and maybe a dozen temporary normal tabs at the time, so that's nothing in term of usage.

Hope this helps point out the cause of this very disturbing bug. Even more disturbing is having BitDefender hack each of my browser pages with its toolbar code. This is definitely not an acceptable way of creating a toolbar.

• Hello,

Duplicate topic. Actually I read three times the same thing. Please read the post below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=117031

The issue should be now resolved.

Regards,

• This is a totally different topic. My original topic is about the offensiveness of a so-called toolbar that displays over the browser's page (and does not conform to any toolbar standard.) The other topic is about the toolbar CSS code not being removed when you disable the toolbar.

There was some overlap during the thread, and we can disregard this part, but the original issues of both threads are different.

• Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same issue and it is quite annoying. I want to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 and go back to an old version. I like Bitdefender, but I don't understand the need for all these new bells and whistles with each release. The reason I went with Bitdefender in the first place (which was years ago) was because of it's small footprint (and effectiveness). Please figure out a way to keep the "Gray Wart" from ever appearing on another web page again.

• Chimel
    edited August 2011

No, it's still not fixed. The bugs have been acknowledged on the other thread @DanyDan linked.

There is a temporary workaround: Enable the toolbar and close BDAV, then reopen BDAV to disable it again.

The gray wart should now disappear if you refresh the web pages in Firefox.

The linked thread is a bit different, it specifically asked to remove the BD toolbar code from each web page.

I can understand that, since Firefox beta testers routinely open as may as 400 simultaneous tabs, so it will be quite an overhead and a performance penalty if 400 tabs each have their code size doubled or multiplied by 10.

This particular bug has not been fixed yet. I would also hope this code to be removed if the BD toolbar is disabled.

The bug about the BD toolbar not being a real toolbar but some extra code that runs on top of the browser will probably never be fixed any time soon. It's probably more convenient to code this way, as it probably works on all browsers (and there's half a dozen of them) and it also gets rid of the Firefox version dependency: All toolbars are add-ons, and all add-ons must specify Firefox MaxVersion number they work on, i.e. they need to be edited and published every 8 weeks, since this is the new Firefox rapid development cycle.

The bug that has been acknowledged and is supposed to be fixed (I haven't heard of any ETA) is the fact that when you disable the toolbar and later on reboot the computer, the new Windows session starts with the gray wart (toolbar) enabled in Firefox, although the BD settings explicitly show that it is disabled.

@DanyDan, what is the current status on this reboot bug?

• I just upgraded to 2012 and I'm having this same issue. As a web developer, I just can't have this thing in my way. I have to send screenshots to clients frequently and there is just no call for having this thing in the viewport. It is an inexcusable design.

• Over 3 months later, and the toolbar still reappears after each reboot when it's disabled in the settings.

Using v. 15.0.34.1416.

I read the whole Update topic so I know devs are working on tons of bugs, but I hope you're giving some consideration to this one now, or provide the quick fix mentioned months ago.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hi Chimel

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have tested this with the latest build, and after disabling the toolbar from the product, the gray wart is not present anymore.

Please try this:

-close all your browsers;

-open Bitdefender - > Settings - > go to 'Privacy Control' and from the Antiphishing tab set on OFF 'Show Bitdefender Toolbar'.

Close Bitdefender's main interface and start Internet Explorer 9.

The wart should not be present in the browser.

The issue regarding the reboot will be fixed soon.

Thank you.

• Hi Cristi, any ETA for the reboot bug?

Can the devs also add and check the following test case to this bug before releasing the fix:

- Enable Auto Pilot

- Disable the toolbar

- Reboot

- Check that Auto Pilot is still enabled with the toolbar disabled

I didn't use Auto Pilot before, so I didn't think of this test case, but because of the Game Mode/Autoscan events bug, I am using it now.

And still enabling/disabling the toolbar after every single reboot. So I hope the fix will work, even with Auto Pilot enabled.

• Hi Chimel

I can not provide you an ETA for this.

Now, please note that the Auto Pilot takes care of the settings for the user. If a critical component is turned off, the Auto Pilot will turn it on without user intervention(automatically).

You can not have the toolbar set to off and the Auto Pilot turned on.

Here is an example: if I put put all the web protection modules to off and after that I turn off the Auto Pilot, it will activate automatically the antiphishing and the toolbar. Thank you.

post-9374-1321366406_thumb.png

post-9374-1321366414_thumb.png

post-9374-1321366422_thumb.png

post-9374-1321366440_thumb.png

• I know Auto Pilot enables automatically the toolbar, that's why I could not use it.

But while investigating the VLC Game mode/Autoscan event bug, I noticed that you could disable the toolbar after enabling Auto Pilot, and Auto Pilot does not complain or resets the toolbar.

I don't even know why the toolbar is automatically enabled by Auto Pilot, but it seems in total contradiction with the Auto Pilot feature:

Auto Pilot is about taking decisions automatically for the user (no or reduced user interaction) while the toolbar is here specifically for user interaction purpose. And it hides part of the content of my web pages, which I cannot allow.

If Auto Pilot cannot be used with the toolbar disabled, then it's a shame and I wont be able to use Auto Pilot after all.

But never mind this Auto Pilot side issue, I'll keep watch on this thread for any resolution of the toolbar reboot bug.

Thanks, Cristi.

• I'm seeing the same behavior. Boy is this annoying and intrusive. Normally I've been very happy with your product, but this is really terrible design.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

Hello everyone

@ Chimel

Please check out this:

Fixes:
    - Trafficlight injected when the module is disabled;

Now, please close your browser and disable the toolbar from the product. The current situation should be resolved. If not, just let me know.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=118945

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry127200

• Cristi, as previously requested, do not ask customers to test updates you haven't tested yourself.

This is easy enough to repro, so it is not professional and a huge waste of my time.

This update 15.0.34.1437 has strictly no effect, the toolbar reappears after every reboot.

I don't even know what this cryptic "Trafficlight" is, it's not mentioned in the product documentation.

Is it even part of BDAV Plus 2012, or related to the toolbar?

I just rebooted 3 times:

- A first time to complete the update, and I ran Update Now afterwards to check that there was no other pending update.

- Twice more with and without Auto Pilot enabled.

In all cases, the toolbar reappeared in Wikipedia home page, other sites and this very thread, even though I enabled/disabled the toolbar right before rebooting. Note: Since I configured Firefox to memorize my session and reopen all the tabs as they were, I usually need to reload the tab to see if the toolbar is enabled or disabled. This is because Firefox memorizes the whole HTML code, including the toolbar code that may have been present or not before closing the previous Firefox session.

In all cases, after I noticed the toolbar was present in Firefox after each reboot, I closed Firefox, verified it was closed in Task Manager, enabled and disabled the toolbar in Bitdefender settings, restarted Firefox, which still showed the toolbar as expected (as explained above), and reloaded the tabs to check that the toolbar had indeed been removed.

Note: The toolbar setting takes effect regardless if Firefox is open or not, since I need to reload the tabs anyway in my case.

In all cases, after the reboot, the toolbar is enabled and visible in Firefox although it shows as disabled in Bitdefender settings.

I even rebooted a fourth time, this time after removing Firefox from my Startup items, to make sure it was launched manually long after Bitdefender was started, but it didn't change anything.

I added manually only Windows Explorer and Firefox to my Startup items, and there are 2 other apps that were added automatically, Google Update and Bitdefender bdagent.exe.

Also, the toolbar code seems a bit random at times: 3 times the Wikipedia page showed the toolbar, but at one time, it didn't. The exact opposite for hardocp.com. And one time the tab containing this thread did not show the toolbar (after reloading the tab, as usual). I think it may have something to do with the tab that was last viewed before closing Firefox. This tab is always displayed first when you restart Firefox, maybe this does something different to it.

• What a shame we are wasting SOO MUCH time on something so minuscule as a little dimple at the top of a page. We could better complain about the myriad of ADS that we are forced to watch.... or the obnoxious "vibrant" ads that pop-up when we move our mouse around a page...but come on..a little gray triple-dot tucked into the bottom of a toolbar!!!?

JUST STOP STARING AT IT..for goodness sakes!!

Note: this opinion is not the opinion of anyone associated or affiliated with bitdefender or it's subsidiaries..just the personal opinion/observation of a single person on earth...and my opinion probably deserves less attention than the little dot that "mars" your screen, but protects you. (OOPS..sorry another unsolicited opinion)

• The toolbar does not protect you in the least. As I understand, it is there mostly for antispam purpose, but even then, only if you use specific 3-4 email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird. Both my personal and professional emails already include antispam, so I don't need this Bitdefender module.

And it's more than a cosmetic issue, it injects code into every web page and tab in your browser.

It completely blocks some apps or processes that rely on clean code, as other users mentioned in this thread or others.

If it were just a standard toolbar, I could disable it from Firefox without any problem.

Maybe the toolbar does more, like antiphishing, but it is mentioned in the documentation only once in the antispam section AFAIK.

Why would you want to keep a feature when you don't use it anyway? It's just as much a security risk as any page with scripting.

And I already got rid of all the ads and pop-ups with NoScript and Adblock Plus, so Bitdefender toolbar was next on my list... ^-^

• fberardi
    edited November 2011

So, you injected NoScript and Adblock Plus, but the poor little dimple from bitdefender is bugging you after 3 months of struggling with it?

Not sure of any case where I have LOST functionality or failed to be granted access due to the little BD bump.

I guess if you think it is worth all your time, for all these months, I hope for you that they get a checkbox installed so you can "uncheck" it, to hide the poor thing!!

• Hello everyone.

@ Chimel

I apologize if my request was inappropriate, but please note that I use a modified version of the product and even on my test machines which have the version that is now in the market, in some cases, I am unable to reproduce some the reported issues.

That's why I am asking you. Your feedback is very important for us(even if in some cases is not positive).

I will forward all the new data to our testing team. Thank you very much.

• Any idea how to disable this bar on Chrome ?

I don't need it :/

• No idea ? I can edit the xml file if needed.

• No idea ? I can edit the xml file if needed.

###### it, it's back again...

I just want it to remember the settings !

• Until the root cause of the problem is fixed in a program update, the only workaround is after a PC reboot, you'll have to go into the BD settings and toggle the BD Toolbar ON then back OFF again before opening your web browser.

Regards,

• Resetting the toolbar before opening the browser won't make it disappear if you've set your browser to display the previous session.

You'll need to refresh/reload the tabs in that case to make it disappear, so you can reset the toolbar even if the browser is running.

• The toolbar does not protect you in the least. As I understand, it is there mostly for antispam purpose, but even then, only if you use specific 3-4 email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird. Both my personal and professional emails already include antispam, so I don't need this Bitdefender module.

And it's more than a cosmetic issue, it injects code into every web page and tab in your browser.

It completely blocks some apps or processes that rely on clean code, as other users mentioned in this thread or others.

If it were just a standard toolbar, I could disable it from Firefox without any problem.

Maybe the toolbar does more, like antiphishing, but it is mentioned in the documentation only once in the antispam section AFAIK.

Why would you want to keep a feature when you don't use it anyway? It's just as much a security risk as any page with scripting.

And I already got rid of all the ads and pop-ups with NoScript and Adblock Plus, so Bitdefender toolbar was next on my list... ^-^

I have exactly the same problem, the only difference is I use Adblock Plus and Flashblock. NoScript is not installed.

• I have exactly the same problem, the only difference is I use Adblock Plus and Flashblock. NoScript is not installed.

Still no fix ?

This bar is really ###### me off !!!!!!!

• Still no fix ?

This bar is really ###### me off !!!!!!!

I'm bored to disable this stupid bar at each reboot of my computer, please fix it !

• I am not bored, I am mad at Bitdefender for forcing me to reset the toolbar manually after each reboot.

Even madder that it's been over 4 months now since I first reported the bug, not even mentioning all the weeks of prior beta testing where not a single Bitdefender person even detected the bug. Either they don't do a bit of beta testing outside the default settings, or they don't have any formalized test case to follow.

The support people in the forum are helpful, but I don't know what the product team is smoking. Fix the bug already!

• I am not bored, I am mad at Bitdefender for forcing me to reset the toolbar manually after each reboot.

Even madder that it's been over 4 months now since I first reported the bug, not even mentioning all the weeks of prior beta testing where not a single Bitdefender person even detected the bug. Either they don't do a bit of beta testing outside the default settings, or they don't have any formalized test case to follow.

The support people in the forum are helpful, but I don't know what the product team is smoking. Fix the bug already!

I have 1 year license remaining, I will never buy BD again, got friends with Avast, they have absolutly no ###### issues with.

• Angry Machine
    edited December 2011
    I am not bored, I am mad at Bitdefender for forcing me to reset the toolbar manually after each reboot.

We need a fix asap !

• We need a fix asap !

Can we have some news about this issue ?

Should I uninstall BD or can I expect a fix soon ?

• I have the same problem.. It's really starting to ###### me off..

Even when turned off in Bitdefender it is still viable in Firefox and IE. Turns itself back on every reboot.

I'm so over this program. Why can't it be a STANDARD add-on the browser can remove!

###### sick of it!

• The Gray Wart is boring but I can live with it...

But I don´t want the BIG injection of javascript and CSS, made by BitDefender, around BODY tag, in all open pages!!!

Try to view these monsters!

This issue is not closed.

BD Team knows that restarting sistem activate those "ugly things" AGAIN and AGAIN !!!!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Hello guys :)

I know this issue is pretty annoying, but our next product update that will be released at the end of the month(when is scheduled) it should fix the injection of code when the toolbar is off and the miscommunication between the product and the toolbar(the issue described in this topic).

Our testing team is heavily stressing the next build (15.0.35.xxx) and when the test are completed, the update will be pushed to our servers and mirrors.

Thank you for your patience.

• it should fix the injection of code when the toolbar is off

That part is already fixed, I believe; only the reboot issue remains. Can't wait for the next update, but I am glad you are taking your time testing it heavily.

Support calls over the Christmas break would be H ell! ^-^

• Welcome back Chimel

I know that the first part was resolved, but some of the user still don't use the latest build available...

Thank you.

• I am REALLY disappointed, 15.0.35.1486 did not fix this bug, the toolbar wart still reappears after rebooting.

I mean, is this one bug that hard to fix??? It's just a matter of reading the user settings, right?

Christian, I am also disappointed at you announcing that this bug would be fixed in the next update.

You had this build in "heavy testing" for days, or so you said, yet you couldn't just restart your computer to verify it's gone?

Next time, please do not announce bug fixes that you haven't verified yourself or confirmed fixed by the test team.

This is really frustrating, after almost 5 MONTHS waiting for this fix.

Did you even open a bug for this specific issue, or is there a big miscommunication between you and the devs?

You told us that this easy bug was on track for a fix, so what happened? Obviously the devs have no awareness of this bug.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Welcome back Chimel.

... next product update that will be released at the end of the month(when is scheduled) it should fix... the miscommunication between the product and the toolbar(the issue described in this topic).

This was my last post from this topic. I did not promise anything, I just mentioned that this issue should be solved by the next product update.

Merry Christmas!

• I am also having this issue. The internet toolbar keeps coming back after reboot. I've tried turning off auto-pilot, reinstalling Bitdefender completely, using the repair option, etc. The toolbar just keeps reappearing even though I have turned it off in the settings. I'm running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. There are no other security solutions running whatsoever as this is on a fresh install of Windows.

• @vane1 You need to toggle the "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" setting ON and OFF manually after each reboot, even if it already shows as OFF in the Bitdefender settings.

@Christian Come on, you're playing with words, "it should fix" means we could expect the update to fix the bug. In any case, "should" or "might" are not really what your support customers want to hear: Either the bug has been confirmed as fixed or it is not.

I didn't see anything in the list of bug fixes for 15.0.35.1486 that was related to this toolbar reboot bug, so obviously this bug was not considered for this release and it was wrong to say even "it might fix."

Since this bug is so trivial to fix and verify, I am starting to doubt that a bug was even opened specific to this toolbar issue, or it would have been fixed months ago. If there is one, I'd like to know its bug number, title, status, symptoms, and steps to repro. Something might be wrong in its description.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Welcome back Chimel

Thank you for your feedback.

As you can see in the pinned topic from the Update area ( http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=131129 ), the last update has only fixed a few things regarding streams(mostly related to HTTP Scanner than TrafficLight) and the false warning from the main interface regarding the Auto Scan.

This issue was discovered by the German team before it was made public by you on the forums. A customer reported this issue and my colleague opened a ticket in our system( sorry, but I can not show you a screenshot because all the data posted on that platform is confidential).

The issue is not that easy as it seems(read some numbers from an XML file like someone mentioned in another post). The synchronization is dynamic and the fix has to be hardly tested before it enters in the market.

If there was a patch or a beta release for this, you'll be the fist one to get it(trust me, I don't want this to sound like I'm making tests on your machine).

So, when it comes to serious things like this current situation, I'm not in the mood to play with words.

Thank you very much for reading this. Happy New Year! :)

• This bug looks like a perfect illustration of Murphy's Law. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

The design of the settings, dynamical or not, is so flawed that it introduced this bug in the first place.

Now you tell me it's even worse than that, it makes it near impossible to fix such a basic feature (loading settings at startup.)

I learn only 5 months later that this is already a known issue since the beta, at least 5-6 months ago.

And you announced it should have been fixed in the latest update, when it was not even in the list of bug fixes for that update.

I hope this will serve as a serious wake up call for Bitdefender at all levels.

It's never a good idea for the image of any brand to rush a buggy product just to make a date.

This discussion has been closed.