Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Client Prof Plus 8.0.2 Vs Memory Usage?

Options

I will make here the same post to get some answer <_< :

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask is this normal that BD process is using an abnormally high amount of memory? Tuneup 2007 is saying it also (+ new version of personal firewall and anti-spy soft is available that i should use the latest version of this soft to ensure optimal protection against attacks <<< ????? ). As I know I can't upgrade v8 to something else.

About this memory usage:

BitDefender Scan Server - BDSS.EXE - normally around 40 000 - 55 000 KB

BitDefender Antivirus Soft - BDMCON.EXE - 3500 - 15 000 KB

BitDefender Application - BDOESRV.EXE - at the moment 140 KB

BitDefender Agent - BDAGENT.EXE at the moment 500 KB

BitDefender Communication Server - XCOMMSVR.EXE at the moment 400 KB

BitDefender Security Service - VSSERV.EXE - 2500 KB

Do I need all of them? Also this BDMCON, is this came with BD Enterprise package so I don't need it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi, everything came with the Bitdefender products may be needed to run the program correctly. If 1 of them is missing, the program may be crashed and have to be shut down or some features is disable. The Bdmcon is 1 part of the program. I think it is the bitdefender scan activity bar( I am not sure).

About the memory usage, I am not sure but you are using Bitdefender Client Professional Plus 8.0.2, it protect you from many attacks(virus,spyware...) I think it is normal...(I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2008 and it require many memory usage also...)

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi amority,

BDMCON is the BitDefender Management Console. It's what keeps all BD modules together and it's what shows all messages about Virus warnings, Firewall alerts, Update requests and any other things that the user should know about. Closing BDMCON will leave you without any knowledge about what BD is doing. So YES, you need it.

Cris.