Error Update (-1011) [bobdeniro]

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with my Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012, with every automatic update attempt failing because of this '-1011' error.

After reading the previous posts, with all the different answers given, it's not clear what I should do to solve this.

I'm using a SDL internet connection, but never encountered update problems with my Bitdefender 2010 and 2011 antivirus versions.

Any help?

Comments

• To save time I've already generated the usual log file, and uploaded it. The upload link has been sent via PM to Christian.

Hope this is ok :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Ugo

In order to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper.

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a ) Go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then send me a PM with it.

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Have a nice day.

• Thanks Christian,

...it's an 'arn' file, isn't it?

I am sending you via MP the download link.

Hope this helps you help me.

• Hi, is there anybody looking into my problem?

Christian, did you receive my MP with the download link?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Please pack that file in archive with the password infected and send me a PM with it.

c:\program files\xvid\CheckUpdate.exe

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Have a nice day.

• Hi Christian, the requested file has been uploaded, and the relevant link has been forwarded via MP.

Looking forward to your help :)

• bobdeniro
    edited January 2012

I've just tried something on my own... uninstalled the antivirus by downloading the uninstall.exe file from your website, rebooted the system when requested and then installed the antivirus again (had to input my license key in the process, I thought it would not be necessary).

After completing the installation process I went for the 'update now' button, waited in vain for something to happen and then... magic!!! something did happen!!!... error -1011 again!!! <_<

Christian, whilst wishing you the best weekend ever (I'm pretty sure mine is not going to be ruined because of this), I must confess that I'm quietly resigning myself to the idea that I've thrown 30 bucks in the waste bin and come Monday will have to pay a few quids to have a fully functioning antivirus.

What do you say, kasp...y will do? :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello

We have analyze that file and it's clean.

Do you have a router installed? Also, Windows Firewall or other 3rd party firewall is turned on?

Thank you.

• Hello

We have analyze that file and it's clean.

Do you have a router installed? Also, Windows Firewall or other 3rd party firewall is turned on?

Thank you.

Hi,

No router installed.

Windows Firewall is indeed on (as it used to be at the time of the 2011 release, and no problems with the update), but it has been configured to accept bitdefender antivirus plus 2012.

Meanwhile since yesterday I've been receiving messages alerting that the autoscan settings have been changed, but I did nit change anything.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello

Please pack this file in an archive and send me a PM with it:

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Events\history.xml

I will further investigate the described information. Take care.

• Any news?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

I have analyzed that log.

Those settings are changing because you have game mode turned on and when an application is started in full screen those modules are turned off.

There was a discussion related to this on the forums.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=131353

Regarding the update error, it could be cause by your internet connection. Do you have the latest driver for your network card? Also, please turn off Windows Firewall, reboot and let me know if you are able to update the product.

Thank you.

• Hi Christian,

I sincerely thank you for your efforts to help me with my update problem, but after so many attempts to fix it yesterday I decided to uninstall Bitdefender and go with another antivirus for a trial period.

Today the other product performed the update smoothly and successfully, so I guess my problems with the bitdefender update had nothing to do with my connection.

All the best

U

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.