Firewall Inadequate

I am starting to get very upset with Bitdefender because the firewall settings/panel simply does not tell you what program is using your connection.

I have a little Windows 7 gadget at the bottom left of my desktop that would show that my line is being maxed out and while I am on Teamspeak I can see that my ping is sky rocketing but when I go to the Bitdefender firewall and click on Firewall activity it doesn't show anything using my line.

I had absolutely no problems when I had Eset, when I went to its firewall settings it would plainly show me what programs were using my line.

I'm getting really frustrated now over this, I have just had to disable my network and re-enable it simply due to the fact that I have no idea what program is using my internet at the time since Bitdefender doesn't seem to be able to tell me.

Is there anyway to get a clear answer from Bitdefender what program is using my line when I need to or do I have to install Netlimiter or something.

:(

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome back!

We do have an option in the firewall module.

Open Bitdefender, click on Settings and go to the Firewall module.

From there, choose the Advanced tab.

Click on Firewall activity and you have a live overview of all the connections running through the Firewall module.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

post-9374-1335366214_thumb.png

• Hello :)

Welcome back!

We do have an option in the firewall module.

Open Bitdefender, click on Settings and go to the Firewall module.

From there, choose the Advanced tab.

Click on Firewall activity and you have a live overview of all the connections running through the Firewall module.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

post-9374-1335366214_thumb.png

Hi there Christian

I am talking about that, when I go to that module it doesn't indicate any program using my ADSL line but on the widget on my desktop it shows that my ADSL line is being maxed out.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Could you please provide me more details about your line?

Do you use a modem or a router?

Could you please make a screenshot from that section and post it here?

Take care.

• Hi :)

Could you please provide me more details about your line?

Do you use a modem or a router?

Could you please make a screenshot from that section and post it here?

Take care.

Hi there Christian

I pinpointed the program using my line, it's Bitdefender updating. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Bitdefender download virus definitions hourly, there is nothing to worry about.

If you don't want to do this, you can turn off Auto Update and we recommend you to update it at least once a day.

Take care.