Attempt At Creating Identity Control Rules

Hello, Rather than waiting I did the following. For "Rule Name" I entered the words "alpha, numeric" or both depending on the field used. For "Rule Data" I entered only the first 4 characters of accurate data for that field. In memo area, I entered a description of what characters where entered based on placement and number of characters. Here are my questions: 1) have I completed the Identity Control Rules porperly; and 2) how does BitDefender protect against attacks with so little information?

I clearly don't understand this process.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Hello Striking_Eagle

I answered your previous topic. The answer on your 2) question is because you selected the type BitDefender knows how that information looks like because they are always displayed by some kind of a standard. That is the first thing that identity control does the second thing is looking for the information you entered if send it will not being allowed except when you made an exception.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Niels,

thanks for your 2 prompt replys and help. have created more accurate Identity Rules. Must have worked very well because now I'm unable to sign on to various web pages and my e-mail. Am now trying to figure out how to enter exceptions....having trouble with that because when I click on exceptions I'm not able to enter anything in the fields. Will keep trying, it's only been a couple days :) Time for reading more posts to help correct my current conundrum.

Striking_Eagle

• Hello Striking_Eagle

First you have to click on add under the exceptions section now double click on the entry that is created you can type now on which websites that you allow to send that information to. After that you have to press on type where you can select the exception type. For mail you have to select smtp. Don't forget to press on ok.

Glad that I could help you. Don't hesitate for asking questions.

Best regards

Niels