Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Latest Definition From Counterspy

Options

Hi,

I'm currently using Bitdefender Internet Security V10 - build 247 as main AV and firewall. But I'm also using 2 other anti-spyware products (for 2 years now).

One of them is Counterspy from Sunbelt software.

Bitdefender is blocking their definition nr 661 since a few days. The report says : file c:\program files\sunbelt software\counterspy\consumer\csc2.5u-en-661-i.sbc

is infected with Generic.NetAdware.3EEE8D75.

I have contacted Counterspy and Bitdefender. Counterspy told me that this was a false positive. I have got no answer from Bitdefender support team until now.

Can somebody confirm (or not) that this is indeed a false positive?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Stéphane H

This is most likely a false positiv. You have to wait till a virus researcher take a look at it. Archive it and use infected as password. Upload the sample if it's not too big (there is 2 mb size limit). If it isn't possible to upload because we just moved from server send it to the address saying that it could be a false positiv and attach it also. That is the most quickest way to do.

Send it also via mail to this address virus_submission AT bitdefender DOT com

You can exclude from being detected by doing this go to antivirus,shield,custom level,exclude path from scan click on + and browse now to the installation folder sunbelt software.

Best regards

Niels

• Please attach the file to a post here and I'll fix it (it's very likely a FA, probably because the heuristic filter picks up improperly encrypted malware patterns in their signatures).

• Hi all,

Thanks for your answers.

I have zipped the file and tried to upload it here, but I get this message : "Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to ensure the uploads directory is available"

Size cannot be an issue because the file is around 35 Kb.

I will now send it via mail.

• Hi all,

I don't know who took action (maybe an analyst at virus_submission@bitdefender.com), but this problem is now solved. I was now able to download the latest definitions without having them blocked by Bitdefender.

Thank you!