Parental Control Module - Issue

Sir_Vikin
edited January 2022 in Parental Control

The Parental Control module that ties in with your cell phone needs to be looked at (My dashboard directs you to download it from the google play store).. I downloaded it last night and configured it so that the parental controls in "My Dashboard" can see it.. My phone was fully charged when I left the house at 11 am this morning, I got home at 2pm (only had 1 phone call) and I am sitting at a 45% charge... Looking at whats eating the battery I see that its the BD parental control module (the one that ties in with TS 13 Parental Controls) has used OVER 30% of the battery (in 3 hours)... I have the GPS feature of my phone turned on so that I can use it with maps and such, however the parental control module has engaged it constantly (GPS icon shows ALL the time since installing the parental control module).. Whats worse? There is no way to remove the module from the phone, even using google plays "uninstall" feature from the website doesnt work and I cannot disable the parental control module.. I can disable the GPS but that leaves me unable to utilize my google maps and other GPS reliant apps.. I'm currently trying to remove the BD Parental Controls module from the phone and I cannot find any way to do so...

Comments

• The Parental Control module that ties in with your cell phone needs to be looked at (My dashboard directs you to download it from the google play store).. I downloaded it last night and configured it so that the parental controls in "My Dashboard" can see it.. My phone was fully charged when I left the house at 11 am this morning, I got home at 2pm (only had 1 phone call) and I am sitting at a 45% charge... Looking at whats eating the battery I see that its the BD parental control module (the one that ties in with TS 13 Parental Controls) has used OVER 30% of the battery (in 3 hours)... I have the GPS feature of my phone turned on so that I can use it with maps and such, however the parental control module has engaged it constantly (GPS icon shows ALL the time since installing the parental control module).. Whats worse? There is no way to remove the module from the phone, even using google plays "uninstall" feature from the website doesnt work and I cannot disable the parental control module.. I can disable the GPS but that leaves me unable to utilize my google maps and other GPS reliant apps.. I'm currently trying to remove the BD Parental Controls module from the phone and I cannot find any way to do so...

Wow- just figured out how to uninstall it.. I didnt realize that the Parental controls module was in beta- I had to search through the parental controls user guide for information on how to remove the app from the phone... Heh, I didnt even realize there was a parental controls user guide either, lol!

Its a great module with a great app, but it really needs some work.. Also from the wording in the manual it almost seems as if there is supposed to be a component that we should be able to install on our PC's (see page 3 of the user guide)..

For anybody who is looking for the "Parental Controls" User guide- here it is..

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/pare..._User_Guide.pdf

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Thank you for the feedback!

We are still working on that application and it will be released soon on the market.

The final version will be stable.

Have a great day!

• Dear Christian,

I want to report a problem in the parental control

Problem: When you turn on parental control, all browsers are working correctly, except for Google Chrome. If I try to open Google Chrome, especially with a band in the parental control page, then Google Chrome exits fail. I made a screenshot of how it happens. If you permit, I could send you a screenshot to your email.

If you disable the parental controls. Google Chrome starts to work correctly.

At the moment I'm using Google Chrome version 24.0.1312.52 m.

My apologies, english is not my native language, I use a translator.

• Dear Christian,

I want to report a problem in the parental control

Problem: When you turn on parental control, all browsers are working correctly, except for Google Chrome. If I try to open Google Chrome, especially with a band in the parental control page, then Google Chrome exits fail. I made a screenshot of how it happens. If you permit, I could send you a screenshot to your email.

If you disable the parental controls. Google Chrome starts to work correctly.

At the moment I'm using Google Chrome version 24.0.1312.52 m.

My apologies, english is not my native language, I use a translator.

I had the same problem with Chrome. It crashes repeatedly with parental controls, but IE works fine.

• Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• Hello Admin/Moderator/Bitdefender expert/Superuser,

Is this already resolved?? Already more than a month and no update on this problem. My Google Chrome keep on crashing when the parental control is active!! But using IE no issue. <_<