Bdc /update Is Failed

Hello!

Why does not working bdc.exe /update? (bdc v7.1)

Regards,

ivan

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I have tested this with the version from the 2013 products and it's working properly. Do you use a wireless connection?

Have a great weekend!

• Do you use a wireless connection?

yes.

Christian, you can send me a forlder with bdc and others nessesary dll's?

Thank you!

Regards,

ivan

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi Iva :)

Have you tried to update it over a wired connection?

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Threat Scanner\ and there you should see a folder called Antivirus_XXXXX_XXX where X is a random number. Copy that folder in another location(like your desktop) and try to run the update command from there(after you navigate from Command Prompt to that path).

Take care.

• Hi!

I have a Leased Line Internet.

I did so, but the update does not work. Take a screenshot please make it clear that you have run the update.

• ping man!

Where screenshot's? =)

Are you here?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have copied that folder on my desktop and the update command is working properly.

I have attached a screenshot and my BDC version, you can update it yourself by following the steps from the screenshot. I have censored the username from my test machine, there you have your current Windows user.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mh1gqs

post-9374-1343141648_thumb.png

Take care.

• Hello :)

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have copied that folder on my desktop and the update command is working properly.

I have attached a screenshot and my BDC version, you can update it yourself by following the steps from the screenshot. I have censored the username from my test machine, there you have your current Windows user.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mh1gqs

post-9374-1343141648_thumb.png

Take care.

Thanks for your answer; but I don't unterstand your screenshot and how to use it! Please can you be more explicit? How to run the command? in a word: the differents steps! Thanks!

• Ok, thank you very much for screenshot and bdc-scanner!

But i have a questions:

1) where did you get this version of the scanner? (bdc v7.1, build 2639). Give me URL plz (on Bitdefender AV or?)

2) after update -> if again start bdc. exe /update, he write: "Last Updated Wed Feb 18 16:39:59 2009", why?

Thank you, and wait answer =)

Regards,

ivan

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello Ivan :)

That is the command line standalone scanner that is integrated in the products.

The scanner has some old definitions, please update it before you use it.

Take care.

• ok, but from which product you got this scanner?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

That scanner I think is from Bitdefender 2009, but if you update it (you have the instructions in my last post), everything will be up-to-date.

Have a great week!

• ok, can you give me url, on which you download bitdefender 2009? (where there is this bdc)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

The free version can be found over here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Take care.

• i download this software: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

but found only bdc v7.1 build 2562, which also does not work. Why?

Check plz, Christian.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

In this case, please use that standalone scanner that I posted earlier and everything should be OK.

If you will update it before scanning, it will detect the latest threats from the market.

Take care.

• yes, I just wanted to find out the reason, why he now does not work =)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I have downloaded the same kit posted here and it working properly on a clean machine.

Take care.

• hi!

from here? http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

I now about this software (bitdef free 9). His bdc.exe does not work on my OS (win xp sp3 pro x86) and is have build 2562.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Using the provided kit http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150576 , after you run update, you can scan with it?

Thank you!

• yes, i understand it. But i don't understand, why bdc.exe doesn't work (with "/update") on Bitdefender v9, 2010, 11, 12 etc versions?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I've talked to my colleagues and the parameter was disabled for manual updates from Command Prompt. Those versions can only be updated if the update was run from the main interface.

Use the one provided and you will be able to update it.

Take care.

• Hello!

I use this scanner - all ok! Thank you. But i have are question:

how i can speed up the scanner? (create cache-files in folder "plugins"). So,E.g, scanner from BD IS 2013 create cache.001, cache.002 etc. How i can do it manually? (may be there is special option).

Thank you.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

You can not do that with the command line scanner, this one scans in the old fashion way file by file.

Take care.

• Hello :)

You can not do that with the command line scanner, this one scans in the old fashion way file by file.

Take care.

Whats the new fashion? :rolleyes:

• Yes, what is it? =)

That is, it can do only GUI scanner?

• Yes, what is it? =)

That is, it can do only GUI scanner?

The old fashion is file by file?

• The old fashion is file by file?

sorry, but what is it mean?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

In our recent products we user a Smart Cache. Basically is a database with known clean files(like the ones from the operating system) and the product will only check if they are in the original state. If not, they will also be scanned.

The old command scanner will scan all the files and the process will take longer and this process can not be modified because is using the old engine.

Have a great weekend!