Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Print On Wireless Pixma Mx892

Options
Gulshan666
edited September 2012 in Firewall

Hi everyone,

I am currently using the latest version of Bitdefender 2013 Internet Security. I am trying to print some documents from MS word and notepad but its not printing anymore.

When i looked for previous help topics on forums i found that its a firewall problem. I already tried adding the printer IP to the Adapter Zones; restarted PC and printer both but it did not helped.

So right now I:

1. Need help on how to get my printer work.

2. I have a suggestion for next update to automatically detect printers if possible. Printer driver was installed way before I installed Bitdefender.

Thanks

UPDATE: finally i had to uninstall the product to print some urgent documents :(

Comments

• can anyone help me??????

• can anyone help me??????

Besides adding the zone, did you change the settings from Manager Adapters ?, Stealth mode off and Generic to yes ?

If that doesn't help try turning off the firewall completly, to see if the issue the exact issue of the firewall is to blame or not :ph34r:

• Besides adding the zone, did you change the settings from Manager Adapters ?, Stealth mode off and Generic to yes ?

If that doesn't help try turning off the firewall completly, to see if the issue the exact issue of the firewall is to blame or not :ph34r:

yes i tried Changing to Stealth off and Generic to Yes. I Even turned off FireWall Completely and printer is still not working.

I have even reinstalled Printer Drivers but it didnt helped.

Finally when i removed Bit Defender Internet Security 2013, Printer worked instantly with no problems.

thanks!!

• yes i tried Changing to Stealth off and Generic to Yes. I Even turned off FireWall Completely and printer is still not working.

I have even reinstalled Printer Drivers but it didnt helped.

Finally when i removed Bit Defender Internet Security 2013, Printer worked instantly with no problems.

thanks!!

I'm quite curious about this, what could Bitdefender be using to still deny traffic on this level :blink:

a lsp perhaps :blink: , would some resets to the windows winsock or resetting tcp/ip ...or I may have no idea what i'm talking about -_-

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

A product update was recently released. Your build should be 16.27.0.1763 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35498

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved afterwards.

Have a nice day! :)