Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Malware!

Options

Picture this.... 30th October 2012, it's approx 9.30 pm and you've just settled your toddler into bed. Your tired after a hard days work coupled with having to deal with a major online saga with a product that is 'not fit for purpose' based on an impulse buy of an online security software namely Bitdefender. The 'Best' according to advertisement and recommendations from googling them.

All you want to do is relax, you think of your day and turn on your laptop only to find Windows Security is having a fit! My System won't start - windows gives a message of

WARNING - The type of the file system is N.T.F.S

Warning! F parameter not specified

Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

Windows then begin running a security check on safe-mode and asking me if I want to restart at a previous date when there was no infection.

Now as a non-software engineer.... I'd safely say my lappy has just be trodjan'd up the back alley...all of a sudden!?!

So I've sent all data to Microsoft... well they wanted to collect recovery and diagnostic evidence... I mean information.

so... Bitdefender your product is UNFIT FOR PURPOSE as during our online dialogue on your recordered forum my machine has become infected!!!

I tried to reproduce the fault through your Stand Alone support tool.exe - download failed.

I searched for previous downloads of the standalone program (as I've used it before) but the program is not found on my system anymore!?!

So Christian, dear, this has gone too far 6 months ago!! I want to speak to your Superior, then your Director... oh and before you do anything else even more stupid I want traceable, trackable evidence it is infact Your highest level Management who NEED to be made aware of my case.

I have completed your Ticket procedure you should have it by now.

I leave it in your capable hands....and request immediate action.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello Annette :)

I can see that you opened a new ticket in the system 201210311006401 and you didn't replied to the old one 201209281022604.

Now, why do you believe this is caused by Bitdefender or by malware?

Usually when CHKDSK starts, there was an issue with the hard drive and data integrity is checked.

In most of the cases, this is a hardware failure.

Is everything OK after the System Restore?

Thank you!

• Banned Ignored Customer
    Options
    Hello Annette :)

I can see that you opened a new ticket in the system 201210311006401 and you didn't replied to the old one 201209281022604.

Now, why do you believe this is caused by Bitdefender or by malware?

Usually when CHKDSK starts, there was an issue with the hard drive and data integrity is checked.

In most of the cases, this is a hardware failure.

Is everything OK after the System Restore?

Thank you!

Hardware problem my backside!!! This is a fairly new laptop! Never had any problems with it until Bitdefender got involved!!!

Please ESCALATE this to your highest level management!!!

I should have removed Bitdefender before I began complaining to you... but even I didn't think you'd be so stupid as to infect my machine because of it!!!

I have no confidence or trust in you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

So it's a brand new laptop.

It had the operating system pre-loaded? Also, most of pre-loaded Windows systems, especially on laptops, come with a 30 days trial security suite.

Did you uninstall that before installing Bitdefender?

Did you used the uninstall tool from that publisher to clean the leftovers?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36510

Thank you!

• Hello :)

So it's a brand new laptop.

It had the operating system pre-loaded? Also, most of pre-loaded Windows systems, especially on laptops, come with a 30 days trial security suite.

Did you uninstall that before installing Bitdefender?

Did you used the uninstall tool from that publisher to clean the leftovers?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36510

Thank you!

Just Please Get your Higher Level Management on the case Please!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Annette :)

I am really trying to help you here.

So please answer my questions.

Thank you!

• Hi Annette :)

I am really trying to help you here.

So please answer my questions.

Thank you!

Yes & Yes

I followed all instructions during the installation process.

i just wish you were so 'helpful' in my initial threads which you locked and banned me from! you said users had reported my posts as spam... didn't it occur to you them to 'read' my threads?? As then you would have blatantly saw it was a customer with MAJOR consistent problems who need help, not banned!!!!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi Annette :)

Let's keep just one topic opened:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=163088

Since you restored the PC to a previous restore poit, you will have to also repair the product.

Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.