Bitdefender Blocks Ps3 Media Server

heya, i just recently got hands on my bitdefender so i am not that familiar with the program yet..

but i had this same problem with comodo internet security aswell, the firewall blocks the wireless connection i have to my ps3.. with comodo it was "fixed" by turning the firewall off, which i never got fixed and that was the reason i got bitdefender.. but now it doesnt even show up when i disable the firewall..

so i use ps3 mediaplayer and it cant even find a renderer, any ideas what i should do?

Comments

• nevermind, found it out after 100googles :)

it seems to be supereasy to do this kind of stuff with bitdefender..

• Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.

• nevermind, found it out after 100googles :)

it seems to be supereasy to do this kind of stuff with bitdefender..

What was / is the solution?

• Usually, for issues like this, we can check with the support and ask what ports are used by these services. Then just add them at on the white list. smile2.png

• I have allowed pms.exe, allowed the Ps3 IP address, allowed local network - but PS3 Media Server still stifled by BitDefender. What does one do?

I'm running the latest trial version.

:huh:

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2013

Hi know618, and welcome :)

If you're running BD Internet Security, or Total Security, try using the recommend firewall settings, also try enabling Paranoid Mode in firewall settings, restart your PC, and see if you get a pop up to allow.

Kind regards,

Scott