Do My Bitdefender Licence Works In New Windows 8 Pro In Same Laptop

My Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 has 350 days of Licence left. I was using Windows 7 Home Premium in my Laptop. But Today I bought Windows 8 Pro for my same laptop. My Question is to you that... If I install my Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 in my new Windows 8 Pro in my same laptop will it ok? Or I may have licence problem? Please Help me in this issue.

Comments

• Daf44
    edited December 2012
    My Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 has 350 days of Licence left. I was using Windows 7 Home Premium in my Laptop. But Today I bought Windows 8 Pro for my same laptop. My Question is to you that... If I install my Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 in my new Windows 8 Pro in my same laptop will it ok? Or I may have licence problem? Please Help me in this issue.

The license is per PC. If it is the same computer it is still the same license! For Windows 8, the best product is Bitdefender Windows 8 Security. Your Internet Security 2013 license will work fine. Windows 8 Security has the same features as Internet Security 2013 but it is designed to work only (and better) with Windows 8. You can download from the Bitdefender website as a trial then use you current license to activate it. You will not lose any days left in the license. :D

If you are upgrading to Windows 8 over Windows 7, I would recommend that you uninstall Bitdefender first using the removal tool available on-line. Install Bitdefender after Windows 8 is installed.

• I contacted support about the same question and was told:

kindly inform you that your license key ******* is for Bitdefender Internet

Security. Unfortunately, you cannot use it for Bitdefender Windows 8. Please

uninstall this product and after that, follow the next link in order to

download the full kit for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 which is

compatible with Windows:

• werby3
    edited December 2012

Hello Bri & skyrider

Once again BD support DOESN'T KNOW about its product.

BDIS 2013 and BD Windows 8 Security work with the same key.

You can use the same key as exactly DAF44 describes.

Regards

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited December 2012

Hello everyone,

@ DAF44,

Did you (or anyone) performed upgrade from BDIS 2013 to Windows 8 Security with same(already activated) IS license key ?

Here it seemed possible:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=165874

Regards.

• Hello everyone,

@ DAF44,

Did you (or anyone) performed upgrade from BDIS 2013 to Windows 8 Security with same(already activated) IS license key ?

Here it seemed possible:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=165874

Regards.

hello buddies,

If You Use Your BDIS 2013 Key Your Product Will Register But In Your BD Account It Will Show 30days Evaluation Period,Hence You Will Receive Updates For 30days Only

• werby3
    edited December 2012

Hi,

For me, on clean WIN 8 install (not upgrade), BD Win 8 Security, works perfectly for all days left with the key of BDIS 2013.

In my BD account, still remains BDIS 2013 on Win 7 image but it doesn't bother me cause I periodically run Win 7 with BDIS 2013.

So, I have two Windows OSs and same BD key works (all days left) on both of them.

Regards

• Hi,

For me, on clean WIN 8 install (not upgrade), BD Win 8 Security, works perfectly for all days left with the key of BDIS 2013.

In my BD account, still remains BDIS 2013 on Win 7 image but it doesn't bother me cause I periodically run Win 7 with BDIS 2013.

So, I have two Windows OSs and same BD key works (all days left) on both of them.

Regards

Hello werby3,

Thanks for the information.

Regards.

• Hi,

Regards

Same thing with me, but with a partitioned notebook. Windows 7 with BD 2013 Suite on one side, and Window 8 (upgrade) with Windows 8 Security on the other. The same key, and all the correct days left. Of course, that is 2 out of my 3 keys, but it went smoothly.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

@ skyrider: yes, you can use the same key even if you change your OS to Windows 8. You don't lose the users included on the Bitdefender key.

Moreover, Bitdefender Internet Security keys can also activate Bitdefender Windows 8 Security. The reverse is also true.

Please post back if you have other questions about the registration process.