Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Surfing Problem Of Bitdefender Forum

Options

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have to.

Recently, I meet a problem while surfing this forum. It is hard for me to load the website page. I usually use Mozilla Firefox to surf this website. It always appear "The connection to the server was reset while the page is loading". I don't know what is going on but this problem didn't appear at other website. However, I can still surf this website sometimes but hardly. Please see the attached picture.

Alex.

post-5242-1197004717_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear Alex_Dark

Clear your Firefox cache go to tools,clean confidential files. Press F5 and try to visit the forum again.

Best regards

Niels

• Niels,

I do as what you tell me but nothing help. The problem still there...

When surfing the index of this forum, it is easy. However, when I surf the "General Talk", it is quite difficult. It is harder when I tried to log in to this forum.

I have tried surfing this forum with Internet Explorer 7 and surf from the Cyber Cafe. The result is the same...Is the server of this forum encounter some problem?

Alex.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Alex,

I don't think it's the forum that has a problem, because I don't have any problems connecting to it, no matter where I try to connect from (either from home, either from another city or from school).

Try to see if you have the same problems when you try to connect here using an anonymous proxy (like YouHide).

Cris.

• s4u
    Options

No problems here as well

• Niels
    Options

Dear Alex_Dark

You can try to increase the time out time in Firefox. To do that follow these instructions. But there aren't any forum problems. I can visit the forum without any problems.

Best regards

Niels

• alex88510
    edited December 2007
    Options

Cris,

Your way is work!! It makes me surf this forum easily. This mean I need the website to surf this forum everytime? When I reply this post, the tool bar(include BOLD,UNDERLINE,ITALIC...function)disappear. I don't know why this will happen.

Niels,

Your way didn't work for this problem. From the website you show me, the way truly can fasten the speed of firefox but it still can't solve this problem.

Alex.

• alexcrist
    Options
    Your way is work!! It makes me surf this forum easily. This mean I need the website to surf this forum everytime? When I reply this post, the tool bar(include BOLD,UNDERLINE,ITALIC...function)disappear. I don't know why this will happen.

If it works, then it means your network (or your ISP) has somekind of problem with this forum (and somwhow blocks it). :rolleyes:

To fix the toolbar issue...you have some options in YouHide. Uncheck the option called Remove all scripts and the forum should work just fine. :)

Cris.

• Cris,

You mean my ISP has some problem? What problem is that? How can I fix it?

Alex.

• alexcrist
    Options
    You mean my ISP has some problem? What problem is that? How can I fix it?

All you can do is to call your ISP and tell them that this forum is accessed very hard. Only they can tell you why, and they can try to fix it (if, indeed, the problem is somewhere between you and the ISP).

Do you know any other persons (maybe friends) which have the same ISP? If you do, try to access the forum from them and see if they have the same problem as you.

Also, do you have any problems with the main site? (www.bitdefender.com)

Cris.

• Cris,

I have tried to axcess the forum from the cyber cafe and the same problem appear. When I axcess from my brother's computer, the problem also appear. Currently, I am axcess the forum from Malaysia through Telekom ISP(Tmnet - Streamyx).

I have no problem when surfing the main page. Why this problem happen? I think 1 or 2 months ago, I can surf the forum easily but now very hard to axcess...

Alex.

• alexcrist
    Options

I don't know, Alex. As I told you, the forum itself doesn't have a problem, because we can connect just fine.

Call your ISP and see what they can tell you.

Cris.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Alex_Dark

If this doesn't work then your problems is located to your isp. Go to start,run,type cmd press enter.

Now type ipconfig /flushdns press enter.

Best regards

Niels

• If this doesn't work then your problems is located to your isp. Go to start,run,type cmd press enter.

Now type ipconfig /flushdns press enter.

Your way didn't work...I think is some problem with the ISP...but why 2months ago this problem didn't appear?

• Hi,

I have found a way to avoid the problem. It is similar to anonymous proxy...and I always activate it...

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Alex.