Autoscan Tray Icon

I have just recently upgraded to windows 8, and updated my bitdefender to 2013. The only odd thing that I have noticed is that when the autoscan starts, as normal the scanning icon shows up in the task tray, and the info bubble appears saying to see progress to click the icon. The odd part is, that as soon as I move my icon on the screen, that scanning icon disappears. If I open bitdefender, is shows no scanning activity.

Weird huh? Any ideas?

Comments

• I have just recently upgraded to windows 8, and updated my bitdefender to 2013. The only odd thing that I have noticed is that when the autoscan starts, as normal the scanning icon shows up in the task tray, and the info bubble appears saying to see progress to click the icon. The odd part is, that as soon as I move my icon on the screen, that scanning icon disappears. If I open bitdefender, is shows no scanning activity.

Weird huh? Any ideas?

Same here!

As soon as I touch the mouse the icon/bubble disappears.

My understanding was that the AutoScan or background scanning would run during periods of low activity.

In Windows 8 it seems that mouse movement is enough activity to stop it.

• Same here!

As soon as I touch the mouse the icon/bubble disappears.

My understanding was that the AutoScan or background scanning would run during periods of low activity.

In Windows 8 it seems that mouse movement is enough activity to stop it.

glad I am not the only one!

• Hello :)

Please read this post:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=169759

Happy Holidays!