Windows 8 Security

Hi all,

Earlier this evening I bought Bitdefender internet security 2013 and I decided to buy Windows 8 as well. Now I see there's Bitdefender windows 8 security as well. Will my internet security 2013 work on Win 8. I cannot spend any more right now for a new product.

Comments

• Hi all,

Earlier this evening I bought Bitdefender internet security 2013 and I decided to buy Windows 8 as well. Now I see there's Bitdefender windows 8 security as well. Will my internet security 2013 work on Win 8. I cannot spend any more right now for a new product.

Hi I was told it works. I have not tried myself.

Regards

• Is there a way to upgrade to Windows 8 security without buying another license?

• werby3
    edited January 2013

Hi,

For me, same license works for both versions. But I've bought (reniew) it in OCT 2012.

I don't know if this is still working because I see a small difference in price between those two versions.

On the other hand, BitDefender's policy allows free upgrade of versions.

If you don't have the patience to wait for an official answer you may try it, BUT be very careful about uninstallation of BDIS 2013.

After uninstall, use CCleaner (it's free) to clean the registry, reboot and then install BD Win8 Security using the same license.

If you finally try this, please let us know what happened.

Regards!

• Thanks Werby. I'm going to wait until morning to see if there's an official response and then try your solution. Right now I'm exhausted from trying to set up and learn Windows 8.

Hi,

For me, same license works for both versions. But I've bought (reniew) it in OCT 2012.

I don't know if this is still working because I see a small difference in price between those two versions.

On the other hand, BitDefender's policy allows free upgrade of versions.

If you don't have the patience to wait for an official answer you may try it, BUT be very careful about uninstallation of BDIS 2013.

After uninstall, use CCleaner (it's free) to clean the registry, reboot and then install BD Win8 Security using the same license.

If you finally try this, please let us know what happened.

Regards!

• Is there anyone here who can answer my question?

• Is there anyone here who can answer my question?

This forum is monitored "occasionally" by one person from Bitdefender. I suggest you contact the phone support folks to answer the question.

For me I have Sphere (Total Security across as many devices + Android as I want) with multiple Windows 8 machines, not the Windows 8 version of Bitdefender and it works well for me.

• Okay thanks I'll try that

This forum is monitored "occasionally" by one person from Bitdefender. I suggest you contact the phone support folks to answer the question.

For me I have Sphere (Total Security across as many devices + Android as I want) with multiple Windows 8 machines, not the Windows 8 version of Bitdefender and it works well for me.

• Hello,

What Will Wood suggests you is the best solution.

BUT in this thread we have the bellow answer from BD support that is wrong :

I contacted support about the same question and was told:

kindly inform you that your license key ******* is for Bitdefender Internet

Security. Unfortunately, you cannot use it for Bitdefender Windows 8. Please

uninstall this product and after that, follow the next link in order to

download the full kit for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 which is

compatible with Windows:

So, you decide...

At least you can try.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello NoArmsJames,

I see the Customer Service dept. already replaced your Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 key with a key valid for Bitdefender Windows 8 Security 3 users/1 year via ticket ID: 201301101001097.

I declare this topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.