Import Firewall Rules From Win 7?

Anyway to import the firewall rules used by Win7?

Comments

• Not sure if I understand this correctly. The rules are still from BD, correct? smile2.png

• Not sure if I understand this correctly. The rules are still from BD, correct? smile2.png

Thanks for the reply..

I have quite a few apps, games, #.exe blocked/allowed in my Win7 firewall , as BD firewall takes over the Win7 firewall I would like to create the same rules in BD.

I can do it manually but being lazy :P I would prefer if I could just import the block/allow rules..

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013

Hello :)

There is not a option to import Windows Firewall settings into Bitdefender, but what you can do, is to enable Paranoid mode in Firewall settings. That way can create block and allow rules as you access those games etc.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Hello :)

There is not an import option, but what you can do is to enable Paranoid mode in Firewall settings, this way can you block and allow as you access those games etc.

Kind regards,

Scott

Ah right... So ALL .exe will have to ask before being allowed permissin?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013

Yes and no. Some may be Whitelisted automatically, but it does seem to give you allot to block and allow. Try it and see what you think ^_^

Otherwise you would have to go into Application Rules, to edit/deny (if you wanted) anything you may want to block that was whitelisted.

• Yes and no. Some may be Whitelisted automatically, but it does seem to give you allot to block and allow. Try it and see what you think ^_^

Auto-whitelist mmm... :unsure:

Shame BD hasnt got this option.. I would think it would be fairly easy to add to BD.

I guess BD has to create its own rules rather than relying on a previous fire-wall rules that may have the doors wide open..

Thanks for the reply..Appreciated..

PS: Is Win7 firewall that bad?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013
    Auto-whitelist mmm... :unsure:

Shame BD hasnt got this option.. I would think it would be fairly easy to add to BD.

I guess BD has to create its own rules rather than relying on a previous fire-wall rules that may have the doors wide open..

Thanks for the reply..Appreciated..

PS: Is Win7 firewall that bad?

Absolutely, good way to put it, and consider it. As far as Windows Firewall, I've never hear anything exceptional about it, and those AVs that use it's firewall, have some sort of booster, or deepguard engines that try to fortify Windows firewall.

You're welcome, I was glad to help :)

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

As far as I know it is not recommended to import Firewall rules from other application even from Windows Firewall, because each Firewall has its own protection technologies to scan the network packet, intrusions detection and port scan attepts and rule creation methods and their respective configurations/settings etc.

Regarding Bitdefender, it only import Network Location or Network type from Windows and not the Firewall Rules.

And if you like that all the applications/connections always prompt from you to Allow or Block, use the Bitdefender is User Mode and Paranoid Mode. This keep you notify to some extent.