Reinstall

llanphier
edited April 2013 in Installation

I had to uninstall to do a windows recovery, but process was incomplete. Used the trick of moving uninstall file to desktop and running as admin. Seemed to work, but reinstall would not work. What do I do next. Is there a way to get my license key again? I have a file still on my computer that is labeled safepay.

I did a subsequent uninstall using latest file from Bitdefender site and then tried reinstalling again. Problems continued so did another uninstall from admin and reinstall. Used admin to do install and it is now proceeding. I will still need to retrieve key. Afraid it got lost in the shuffle and backup data was destroyed dkuring recent windows recovery.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Your license information/key is also saved in the MyBitdefender.com

Login from the account for which you used for registration of Bitdefender and check their in the Product list.

Also there is a tool once posted by DanyDan (Technical Support Engineer) for importing license information to the desktop, for 2011 version may be. But not confirmed if it can work for 2013 also. I'll check my data, if I found it, I'll share it with you.

And for thorough uninstall of Bitdefender, kindly read this post

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

Here is the topic for that tool named "SetID export.exe", but the link is expired.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=26654

However I found this tool in my data. If it is related to your issue, I can send you.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello llanphier and welcome!

Please check your PM to find your Bitdefender license key.

If there's anything else we can help you with please don't hesitate to post back.

Have a lovely weekend! :)

• Hello Georgia.

Please , send me the details in PM for restoring a previous installation.

I had to restore on my PC with a previous image of the whole hard disk, when Bitdefender was not installed yet.

But I have some other disk images of the same PC, with Bitdefender installed (but Windows 7 not working properly).

I can extract any file from those backups even if the backup is not suitable for OS restoration.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Leonardo

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Hi Leonardo,

I can't find your Bitdefender license key using the email you used for this forum account. If you have MyBitdefender active on another email please send me a PM with that email so I can locate your key (only if you need to recover it).

Please follow the steps described in this article to reinstall your Bitdefender product:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/install...oduct-1024.html

Information about the registration process is available here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-do-...rsion-1007.html

Thank you.

• Unfortunately, I can not help you! I'm not good at this. Sorry!((

• I would like to read about it anymore. Prompt, what literature to study?