Bitdefender Total 2013 Installer Stops On Xp3

Hi

Trying to install BTS 2013 installer stops without any comment or error on XP .

Tried various options but no luck, couldn't find any solution in this forum.

Any ideas?

Jan

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013

Hi Jan and welcome to the Bitdefender forum!

Please let me know if you managed to install Bitdefender on your XP machine. Do you need further assistance?

Thank you! :)

• mithcd
    edited March 2013

Hi jano, any updates yet if you were able to successfully install BD? smile2.png

• Hi,

Bitdefender total 2013 installation stops completely after first install screen on my XP (sp3) PC.

Tried several options mentioned in forum already, but no luck. also tried beta 2014 same result.

Bitdefender total 2012 gives no problem and yes I use your uninstall tool before starting a new attempt.

Any ideas?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Hi, the installation simply vanished from your screen? Or did it freeze? Did you receive any error message? - please post a screen shot of the error in such case.

Also, to further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log by following these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Have a lovely week ahead!

• Hi, the installation simply vanished from your screen? Or did it freeze? Did you receive any error message? - please post a screen shot of the error in such case.

Also, to further investigate this case, please post here a support tool log by following these steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

You may not be able to upload the files here as they are too big so you can put them on www.sendspace.com and post the download links.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the above message and just post the ticket ID.

Have a lovely week ahead!

Hi,

The installation simply vanished from my screen and in XP sp3 proces (_explorer) shows nothing of bitdefender install application present anymore. Just stops completely without any error screen or message. Tried 2014 beta, exactly same.

2012 version installs without any problem. and before every install I used your uninstall tool.

To be more complete used the several uninstall tools from different brands to check for leftovers any other security suite I ( may have )used in the past.

What systems process bitdefender installer needs to run? something missing on my PC?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the late reply.

If you are still struggling with this issue, please try to follow the steps sent to you via PM.

I am here for you should you require further assistance.