Too Much Updates, Too Much Internet Usage.

Hello, so for my internet usage i have been exceeding lately. I've downloaded some games but other than that i wanted to keep check of the automatic updates my computer are doing on its own.

As far as i know programs that updates:

Steam

Dota 2

Bitdefender Total Security 2012

When i went to bitdfender update settings i put it to notify me. Ive noticed every few minutes 15-30min there is always an update.

Ranging from kb to 10mb.

And maybe at the end of the day totals to a large amount of mb or even a GB!

My previous anti-virus i use to use before bitdefender was Avast. It's stable no updates unless several months or weeks.

I just want an anti-virus that is stable no updates every 15-30min.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

Hello :)

We release hourly updates with signatures so we will be one step ahead of malware attacks.

If needed, we can push signature updates every 5 minutes.

Everyday, the total space occupied by the updates is around 2 MB, but some of the old signatures are also replace be generic ones as we improve them weekly.

We are working hard to minimize the space impact on the system by compressing the old signatures into definitions.

Take care.

• Hello :)

We release hourly updates with signatures so we will be one step ahead of malware attacks.

Everyday, the total space occupied by the updates is around 2 MB, but some of the old signatures are also replace be generic ones as we improve them weekly.

We are working hard to minimize the space impact on the system by compressing the old signatures into definitions.

Take care.

i see some updates bein 2-5mb, every few minutes and i think it totals to a large amount of mb but thats just my guess.

• Hello :)

Take care.

i see some updates bein 2-5mb, every few minutes and i think it totals to a large amount of mb but thats just my guess.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Some the files are constantly updated, if the files have 5 MB, most likely an older version is deleted during the update.

Take care.

• wwiley
    wwiley ✭✭

I like BitDefender very much, however, the continual updates and having to reboot the pc everytime is a bit annoying, why do you always have to reboot your pc 5-6 times daily if not hourly. can't you combine updates so you don't have to reboot

so oftern.