Pc Freezes At The Beginning Of Installation

Hi,

up to now I had no trouble with bitdefender; it's really a great product. But with my new machine I'm not able to install Bitdefender IS anymore: The PC freezes (really nothing works anymore, then a hardware reset) at the beginning of the installation. As a debug method I disabled my network connection and tried to install BD with the offline installation file - no success. I'm wondering if there are new security mechanisms introduced with haswell which collides with the scan while installation.

My system is a 4770K combined with an Asus Z87 mainboard. Win8 64

thx 4 helping me

Comments

• Take a look at this thread especially the post # 11.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40982

• suncake
    edited June 2013

Thanks for your suggestion. But the problem remains :(

To be more precise, the PC freezes after ~5sec of the installation process. The bars of "scan" and "download" just start to get filled.

Is it possible to deactivate the scanning while installing bd?

• If you have Asus AI Suite III installed, it is what is causing the BSOD. I have experienced this myself. Either close AI Suite III from the system tray or uninstall it. It does not matter which modules (or all) of AI Suite III you have installed, the AI Suite III program itself is the problem.

This will allow you to install Bitdefender.

• gibster
    edited August 2013
    If you have Asus AI Suite III installed, it is what is causing the BSOD. I have experienced this myself. Either close AI Suite III from the system tray or uninstall it. It does not matter which modules (or all) of AI Suite III you have installed, the AI Suite III program itself is the problem.

This will allow you to install Bitdefender.

I concur. I had the same problem on a new PC with ASUS motherboard, about half way through the scan the monitor would go blank, then I'd get the "Blue Screen of Death".

Did as suggested above and all is well. I haven't tried installing AI Suite III after installing Bit Defender yet. I'll give that a go and see if everything is OK now.

Thanks for the post Berandon :)

gib

• Ditto for me regarding the conflict between BitDefender and ASUS AI Suite III. Four times: the BD scan would freeze, then a BSOD. I have the Z87-A motherboard running Win7 64-bit. Removing the ASUS software allowed me to install BitDefender. (Whereas all the memory dump analysis software kept telling me it was either bad hardware or an outdated MS driver.)

I'll have to do some research before I risk re-installing the ASUS utilities.