Bitdefender Photon™ Technology

coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Feature request

Bitdefender Photon™ Technology is an innovative antivirus technology that boost scanning time, eliminates slowdowns and accelerates scanning speed by gradually (in matter of hours) understanding and adapting to your PC.

More information will be added upon getting more information.

Comments

• Bitdefender Photon™ Technology is an innovative antivirus technology that boost scanning time, eliminates slowdowns and accelerates scanning speed by gradually (in matter of hours) understanding and adapting to your PC.

More information will be added upon getting more information.

Did you test RC?

• Yesterday did a full scan, the scan time was 10 minutes, now repeated, the result is the same, for 10 minutes, the load on the system in the screenshots. Where is the promised Optimization?

• Yesterday did a full scan, the scan time was 10 minutes, now repeated, the result is the same, for 10 minutes, the load on the system in the screenshots. Where is the promised Optimization?

Hello,

Final version is not left !! Wait !

• Final kit must differ from beta kit.

I fully trust Bitdefender 2014!

Bitdefender will reborn by Bit 2014! :D

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• I know a little bit more than most of you) after the release of the final version, the result is the same)

• Rampant,

we'll see, you spend your time moaning, it's painful!

• I know a little bit more than most of you) after the release of the final version, the result is the same)

I agree with you.

We hope till the BD is released. After that it rains cats and dogs of complaints.

• Rampant,

we'll see, you spend your time moaning, it's painful!

The past experiences have a say, so do not hurry to judge. You can be wrong Titanic.

• I'll be back. (Arnold Schwarzenegger))

• The past experiences have a say, so do not hurry to judge. You can be wrong Titanic.

Yes, especially since Rampant is one of the most technically savvy members here.

I'll be back. (Arnold Schwarzenegger))

lol :)

Terminator-2-judgement-day-Copy.jpg

• I could not find Photon Technology implementation in Beta Version and ...... I am surprised how they will implement this without beta testing because even the beta testing product when finally released have many bugs that were also in beta stage and not fixed over time, then there comes another newer version along with new bugs and also the inherited bugs from its predecessors :rolleyes: ......There are also chances that they may have implemented the Photon™ Technology SILENTLY so that the users won't get know earlier till final released and got surprised with this new and state of the art technology. :)

• Being a 'state of art technology' poses some risks for Romanian national security, therefore this 'photon technology' is in a dormant mode and undetectable. Only when a virus is detected the 'photon technology' acts like white cells in human body to isolate and destroy the intruder. Indeed, is an innovative technology. Do not worry how this it will be implemented: romanian creativity is surprising.

• I always appreciate Bitdefender's technologies since they were known by the name Softwin when they introduce behavioral detection technique for the first time since to the Rescue Mode integration and now Photon™ Technology.

To my opinion, its is an adaptive technology which may send your hardware information to the Bitdefender servers in order to get the proper updates from them that are specifically related to the hardware specs and optimize the Bitdefender Drivers and Processes and Services in-the-Cloud. I may be wrong.

However I am interested to know how it will react when the resource hogging event (which may be malicious) takes place and how it is related to Smart Scan (Skipped Items) feature.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭

I'm getting anxious to see this new technology as well as the rest of what Bitdefender 2014 has to offer.

• Very soon the secrets of the Bitdefender Photon™ Technology will be unleashed for the users . :)

• Very soon the secrets of the Bitdefender Photon™ Technology will be unleashed for the users . :)

It'll be like Noah's flood'

• It'll be like Noah's flood'

lol, yes, their servers may go down ;) Just a day away :)

photon_zps0a7801ad.jpg

Like "Phoenix"

• lol, yes, their servers may go down ;) Just a day away :)

We have to pray!

• lol :)

• lol :)

Hi Columbo!

I hardly wait for 2015 BD. I hope it'll be voice based.

Regards

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭

Will someone please explain Photon Technology to me? I have read about it on the Bitdefender website but do not see it mentioned in the GUI anywhere. I didn't watch the installation of 2014 so I may have missed details there.

Thanks,

Charyb

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭

I just found an article that explains how Photon Technology works.

Good information here.

http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/bitdefe...hoton-6477.html

• Excellent find, Charyb. Thanks :)

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    I just found an article that explains how Photon Technology works.

Good information here.

http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/bitdefe...hoton-6477.html

Many thanks for that excellent information, my friend Charyb . :) . I will post here all about Bitdefender Photon™ Technology.

I think the next version of this will be the Tachyons™ Technology :rolleyes:

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013

Bitdefender Scan Technology Now Powered by Photon

Many ingredients are needed to make an antivirus solution stand out from the crowd: the number of detected threats, the update frequency, speed and impact on your system’s performance are among most important differentiators from an end user’s perspective.

Introducing Photon, a new scanning technology that revolutionizes the way your computer gets scanned and monitored without bogging it down. Built on top of the SmartDB technology we introduced in 2012, Photon adds a critical component in the application reputation system of SmartDB: the Cloud.

In the IT security world, applications can be broken down in two main categories: those we trust and the ones we know nothing about. Photon offloads the antivirus scanner the task of processing known files that have not been altered from their original form by malware.

The Photon technology gradually “discovers” the currently installed applications on the user’s computer and molds on every PC configuration individually by learning which processes need monitoring and which ones do not. The result is a lower number of files that need constant supervision and less system resource spent on watching perfectly safe applications, which allows the scanner to fully concentrate resources on potentially malicious files.

The independent series of tests, carried out in May by AV-Comparatives, reveals Bitdefender performance is “Very Fast” regardless of the operations performed on the system, while still not missing a single infection.

They say that the little details are vital. Little things make big things happen. Photon is that improvement that gives a whole new perspective on scanning and resources. The technology will ship with the New Bitdefender launching today June 26th 2013.

Photon was actually introduced earlier in Bitdefender 2013, but since then the company has made major improvements while minimally impacting performance. Now, Photon officially becomes its own product component.

• Many thanks for that excellent information, my friend Charyb . :) . I will post here all about Bitdefender Photon™ Technology.

I think the next version of this will be the Tachyons™ Technology :rolleyes:

You had mentioned Tachyons before, and I had to Google it, ^_^ just for those who I can save a bit of web searching time for: Tachyons are a putative class of particles which able to travel faster than the speed of light.

• Friends, if we continue, we are all driven from this forum)) you want?

• Friends, if we continue, we are all driven from this forum)) you want?

Clarify please, I didn't understand fully.

• My friend Omer, we raise too touchy subjects for which there is no answer, it may not like the Romanian developers)

• My friend Omer, we raise too touchy subjects for which there is no answer, it may not like the Romanian developers)

Now I got your point :) ... I agree with you and ready.....

• Hopefully you two aren't going anywhere :blink:

• Guys, I'm tired of bitdefender, I'm my free time I spend on tests, answers, find out the problems, I know only too well the brand, and therefore do not know the rest. Yes, I'm interested in security issues, but I must have feedback, why are we worried about the anti-virus problems? and why it is not interesting bitdefender leadership who will answer me these questions?

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    You had mentioned Tachyons before, and I had to Google it, ^_^ just for those who I can save a bit of web searching time for: Tachyons are a putative class of particles which able to travel faster than the speed of light.

I had to google 'putative'.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013

I don't know, Rampant, you are right, that is a hard question to ask, ...why? I do know this, it isn't like it was ~2 years ago, when there was a lot of back and forth dialogue, with questions asked and answered, such as this thread: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=18526.

• I had to google 'putative'.

lol, me too ;) ONT is Tachyons ahead of us :D

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013

I see your point, friend. I would be a little discouraged too. I'm still in a 2 day stretch of 20 hour work days, so hopefully I'll make sense with this post. These are just some thoughts from the top of my head.

1. My main thought is that you are so incredibly talented in your understanding of malware and exploits. Your web page, videos and understanding testify to your knowledge and competency. Yet...I think the questions are to hard, deep in "why this exploit..." or "I found this", compared to "normal" uses who ask "how do I" or "what is Auto Scan" you're asking "why does this.." which can be harder for Bitdefender to answer or acknowledge (for whatever reason). Yet, I know they read your posts, and maybe consider what your asking "in house".
    2. The threads you linked to, are all in the 2013 forum. You did receive some answers from Christian, and some of the threads are newer, yet, they're all in the 2013 forum, in which case the forum support has fallen off a bit cp. to 2011-12 forum. You can look at many unanswered posts especially in the Firewall, Antivirus sub forums compared to the 2011-2012 forum that was better maintained. We had many people give up, voice exasperation etc. for unanswered threads/posts. I'm hoping Bitdefender will turn that around in this New forum, with this nice new release. I also have faith in Georgia, that she is trying and will be a great Tech Support Mod, she has posted some very informative posts to questions asked. :)
    3. Why would you stay...maybe to just give up on the idea of having your questions answered by BD, but maybe change your focus if your going to stay here to answer posts. With your incredible insights and experience, you could help many. YET, I know you have a web page to run, research to do, and clients to maintain, so I'm sure that idea would be pretty low on your list.

So you're right, you're at a crossroads of what direction you're going to head, or focus on. As for me, personally, I know I have to give up on the times of chiming in I do with other members sarcastic remarks or jabs at Bitdefender...if I don't like it here, I can leave. But in my case, I'm excited about this new build/year and "love" posting here to much to give it up. So for me, it's attitude adjustment time..for the better. Onward and upward :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013
    ---------------

1. My main thought is that you are so incredibly talented in your understanding of malware and exploits. Your web page, videos and understanding testify to your knowledge and competency.
    ---------------

YET, I know you have a web page to run, research to do, and clients to maintain, so I'm sure that idea would be pretty low on your list.

Apologies for calling your Forum a web page, Rampant, as it is truly an excellent forum, and not just a "web page".

1. My main thought is that you are so incredibly talented in your understanding of malware and exploits. Your web page, videos and understanding testify to your knowledge and competency. Yet...I think the questions are to hard, deep in "why this exploit..." or "I found this", compared to "normal" uses who ask "how do I" or "what is Auto Scan" you're asking "why does this.." which can be harder for Bitdefender to answer or acknowledge (for whatever reason). Yet, I know they read your posts, and maybe consider what your asking "in house".

I agree with your former statement about Rampant, he is really very talented and experienced user than us. I have a great regard for his knowledge. But I dis-agree with your later statement about the replying to our queries. Rather you didn't check the forum since 2008 or you have some favored and biased thinking for the BD support which I can't understand. In the past there were many brilliant representatives from the support, I will mention the name of only two Cris and Carmen Carnev, who really have the knowledge about their product and well versed with the technological aspects and have excellent way to verbalize the knowledge to make the user understand what is asked. And by the way the how it is possible that the persons who developed the esteemed product (and are engaged in this development since long) are not able to answer at all and even don't bother to give some satisfactory response.

[*]The threads you linked to, are all in the 2013 forum. You did receive some answers from Christian, and some of the threads are newer, yet, they're all in the 2013 forum, in which case the forum support has fallen off a bit cp. to 2011-12 forum. You can look at many unanswered posts especially in the Firewall, Antivirus sub forums compared to the 2011-2012 forum that was better maintained. We had many people give up, voice exasperation etc. for unanswered threads/posts. I'm hoping Bitdefender will turn that around in this New forum, with this nice new release. I also have faith in Georgia, that she is trying and will be a great Tech Support Mod, she has posted some very informative posts to questions asked. :)

I start using Bitdefender since 2010 version, and also posting since then and got proper, prompt and satisfactory replies till the release of the silent version of Bitdefender, 2012. Since then they introduced the silence in the product 2012, that silence is also induced by unknown means in to their support as well. And the response is either absent or not satisfactory and not in detail. Since the release of that silent product, they are not willing to share the knowledge of their product and are not willing to give some control over their product. There are many issues/bugs/features posted by me which are un-answered and no one bother to reply in a timely fashion or give some satisfactory response and they go un-noticed for ever whether they are posted in 2012 forum or in 2013 forum. Actually you mostly don't posted the issues/bugs etc rather you only help the users on the forum to fix their problems like Moderators do, so you may can't understand or feel if the user's issues/concerns get un-responded since long.

it seems that the forum have "Simplex Communication" type...means the users keep posting their issues/features/concerns etc and most of them don't get replies.

You can check the other sub-forums too e.g Rescue CD forum, Malware Area etc. Now there are responded by no one.

1. Why would you stay...maybe to just give up on the idea of having your questions answered by BD, but maybe change your focus if your going to stay here to answer posts. With your incredible insights and experience, you could help many. YET, I know you have a web page to run, research to do, and clients to maintain, so I'm sure that idea would be pretty low on your list.

We were here just for the positive hope that the time come in future when we got prompt and satisfactory replies. But this time we may end up our hopes and quit. If I still here in future, then my aim is to seek knowledge from here but without interest in the product.

I know that we are off-topic here, may get warned or suspend as usual :rolleyes:

• Guys, I'm tired of bitdefender, I'm my free time I spend on tests, answers, find out the problems, I know only too well the brand, and therefore do not know the rest. Yes, I'm interested in security issues, but I must have feedback, why are we worried about the anti-virus problems? and why it is not interesting bitdefender leadership who will answer me these questions?

Yeah friend, I almost do the same, spare my time to test and find out bugs, give suggestions etc, but become very frustrated and dis-appointed when I posted them or asked something and never or not get responded timely. Although the only concern is to better understanding of the product, gain knowledge and want the product which is distinguished and excellent from other security software in respect of features but with very few bugs as much as possible.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited June 2013

As with you, ONT, very thoughtful and insightful replies :) You're also right in that we need to get back on topic, or maybe you can restart this thread (a new one) to help keep that one on track of a Photon Technology discussion.

Kind regards :)

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Updates from Georgia

Bitdefender Photon combines pre-training from the installation process with Application Reputation. Using these, Bitdefender will check all legitimate applications and those that are known and clean, will be automatically added in the local smart database and skipped during all scans.

It does not take action on all applications and especially not on games: just one the software thoroughly tested by our developers and by our virus analysts.

That's odd because I only have 90GB taken up and my scans take forever. Maybe an hour. Default settings.

• You had mentioned Tachyons before, and I had to Google it, ^_^ just for those who I can save a bit of web searching time for: Tachyons are a putative class of particles which able to travel faster than the speed of light.

A tachyon is a subatomic particle that naturally exists at faster-than-light velocities, and can often be associated with time travel or produced as a byproduct of a temporal distortion. Tachyons can exist both naturally, as in the tachyon eddies in the Bajoran system, and can be produced artificially, such as in tachyon detection grids and temporal transponders. They can also exist as the byproducts of the use of many technologies, such as cloaking devices and transporters. (DS9: "Explorers", "Covenant"; VOY: "Future's End, Part II", "Fury"; Star Trek Nemesis)

Tachyons can be utilized in a number of ways, including as scans, offensive weapons, and even as a means of communication. (TNG: "Redemption II"; VOY: "Dreadnought", "Pathfinder")

In 2367, Captain Jean-Luc Picard instituted a tachyon detection grid on the Klingon-Romulan border, in order to prevent any cloaked Romulan ships from crossing the border undetected while cloaked. This effectively stopped the Romulan Empire's covert support for the House of Duras's attempts to take control of the Klingon Empire.