Bitdefender For Windows 8.1 Preview

Hi,

Is there any update for the Bitdefender for Windows 8.1 Preview. Unfortunately the current version is not working.

Thanks

Comments

• bunny786
    edited June 2013

Product: Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 Beta on WIndows 8.1 Pro Preview with MEdia Center, Build 9431

Processor.COre i7 3770

RAM:8 GB

1. Firewall is blocking all app.

2. Rule was created to allow firefox but still it got blocked.

3. There seems to be two cause of the problem.

3.a Adapter is not being managed properly

OR

3.b FIrewall rules are not applied.

4. Note: Upon installation and activation of product, initially the product didnot who the amount of time left on the registration. When i tried to update, bitdefender crashed and now iw as able to update.

5. Since then one restart has taken place. Now i can see my no. of days left.

6. Note firewall automatically allowing trusted application

• bunny786
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

Is there any update for the Bitdefender for Windows 8.1 Preview. Unfortunately the current version is not working.

Thanks

Bitdefender 2014 beta is working with firewall bug in my case.

Note my setting could be wrong.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46342

• Bitdefender 2014 beta is working with firewall bug in my case.

Note my setting could be wrong.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46342

Thanks for the update.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

The New Bitdefender can be installed on the Windows 8.1 Preview. However, we can not guarantee the full functionality of the product on a prerelease O.S.

Rest assured that when Windows 8.1 hits the market Bitdefender will be perfectly compatible with it.

Thanks for posting, hope you have a beautiful week ahead!

• I can confirm that.

If the Firewall is activated it will block everything.

I also tried to apply an application rule for firefox but this also didn't work.

• Same bug for my Total Security 2014 and windows 8.1 x64 pro.

Firewall stops all network connection ... waiting update

Falconeye

• Just thought I'd add my experience to this thread. I bought Total Security this evening and after a few problems installing it seems to be working in an odd manner. The Firewall seems to be blocking everything, even Total Security. The only way I can run an update or access the internet in any way is to switch the firewall to off. Seems a bit daft, the firewall is pretty much blocking itself, a fix would be very useful. Thanks

• manoj.cool
    edited July 2013

The solution(temp) is to first enable internet connection sharing and then enable firewall.

• Seems like a bug really. But I think developers are well aware of it already. smile2.png

• We appreciate you being transparent on this. I would also like to give this a try and see how it goes. smile2.png

• I have a Bitdefender 2013 Total Security license. Is this compatible with the new Bitdefender as well?

• Yes. :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    I have a Bitdefender 2013 Total Security license. Is this compatible with the new Bitdefender as well?

Hello Devdutt,

I checked your Bitdefender license key and it is eligible for upgrading to The New Bitdefender Total Security.

Before installing the new software please run this uninstall tool to completely remove all Bitdefender 2013 files and folders:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Save the tool on the PC and run it (on Windows Vista/7/8 right-click on the tool and choose "Run as Administrator"). Click the Uninstall button and restart the computer when prompted, a few minutes later.

We are here for you in case you need our help.

• Which version(s) of Bitdefender will run with Windows 8.1 Preview? I am not upgrading my licenses until I can test. I've tried a couple and none seem to work (running 8.1 preview 9431 64bit in i7).

Thanks,

Skip Stein

Hello Devdutt,

I checked your Bitdefender license key and it is eligible for upgrading to The New Bitdefender Total Security.

Before installing the new software please run this uninstall tool to completely remove all Bitdefender 2013 files and folders:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Save the tool on the PC and run it (on Windows Vista/7/8 right-click on the tool and choose "Run as Administrator"). Click the Uninstall button and restart the computer when prompted, a few minutes later.

We are here for you in case you need our help.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi Skip Stein,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Only The New Bitdefender and Bitdefender Windows 8 Security will be compatible with the final version of Windows 8.1

We will post an announcement at that time.

• Hi Skip Stein,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

Only The New Bitdefender and Bitdefender Windows 8 Security will be compatible with the final version of Windows 8.1

We will post an announcement at that time.

As windows 8.1 RTM does BD 2014 IS compatible with it?

• I'm not sure, although it's supposed to be a released to manufacturing version. It may work, but we did not receive any announcements until now.

• I'm not sure, although it's supposed to be a released to manufacturing version. It may work, but we did not receive any announcements until now.

i have heard the free antivirus has received update for compatibility with windows 8.1 rtm

• Indeed, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is now officially compatible with Windows 8.1 as mentioned in the changelog posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=196251

However, it may take up to 1 month for the classic line to be fully compatible with Windows 8.1. We will post announcements at that time to inform everyone.

• i would like to inform the BDIS 2014 is compatible with windows 8.1