New Bitdefender Total Security Installation Error After 50%

Songoku
edited June 2013 in Installation

Anyone else has this problem? When I try to install the new Bitdefender Total Security, it says that I have it installed on my computer already but it is not installed. The first time that I try to install it it has work, but the services were not responding everytime when I start my computer. So I decide to uninstall it and reinstalling Bitdefender 2013 instead. After that, I'm trying to install the new Bitdefender, this is how the error occur during the installation. I don't know why, but I completly remove it with the uninstall tool and I search everywhere and there's no trace of it, but it still says the product is already on my computer. Please help!!!http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46381#

post-108387-1372477913_thumb.png

Comments

• Run the Uninstall Tool in Windows Safe Mode. Also read this topic

How To Remove Previous Antivirus Traces And Re-installation Of Bitdefender, Detailed Procedure

• Where is the uninstall tool for BD 2014?

• Usually, it will start a little later!

It will be built through an update in BitDefender 2014

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Where is the uninstall tool for BD 2014?

Use the file "installer.exe" located in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\SetupInformation\{6F57816A-791A-4159-A75F-CFD0C7EA4FBF}\" to "Repair" or "Un-Install" the Bitdefender till there is no standalone installer available.

Note : "{6F57816A-791A-4159-A75F-CFD0C7EA4FBF}" may be different for every computer.

• Where is the standalone uninstall tool for 2014 product line?

• Use the file "installer.exe" located in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\SetupInformation\{6F57816A-791A-4159-A75F-CFD0C7EA4FBF}\" to "Repair" or "Un-Install" the Bitdefender till there is no standalone installer available.

Note : "{6F57816A-791A-4159-A75F-CFD0C7EA4FBF}" may be different for every computer.

Or more simply:

Start / All Programs / Bitdefender

Inside the folder there is "Repair or Uninstall"

is that correct?

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Or more simply:

Start / All Programs / Bitdefender

Inside the folder there is "Repair or Uninstall"

is that correct?

Yeah , you are also right. :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Hello,

The uninstall tool for The New Bitdefender is not available yet. We will post the download link as soon as it gets compiled.

@ Songoku: Have you tried using one of these kits to reinstall The New Bitdefender Total Security?

- for 32 bit Windows

Bitdefender Total Security

- for 64 bit Windows

Bitdefender Total Security

Thank you!

• I have the same problem. I tried everything, offline install, online install, uninstaller tool in safe mode, registry cleaner, everything, and always have installer.exe error. I can install Bitdefender TS 2012 and 2013, but can't install 2014 version.

post-148801-1372859043_thumb.jpg

• I have the same problem. I tried everything, offline install, online install, uninstaller tool in safe mode, registry cleaner, everything, and always have installer.exe error. I can install Bitdefender TS 2012 and 2013, but can't install 2014 version.

Did you try this procedure?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=173564

• Yes, still same error. Beta version 2014 do install and works normal, but full version doesn't.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Yes, still same error. Beta version 2014 do install and works normal, but full version doesn't.

Hmmm...... then the sure thing is that there are lot of remnants and left overs of the Beta version, because there was no proper standalone uninstall tool available for that. I posted that in the Beta campaign also but not responded as usual :rolleyes::)

https://my.bitdefender.com/en_us/my/#page=f...0169f3a7c45451e

So you have to uninstall it from the option from start menu which is recomended. But even then there remain many remnants of Bitdefender Files/Folders/registry entries on the System Drive.

Some of them I found and listed below

1) Rescue Mode files on the root of the System Drive.

2) C:\Program Files\Bitdefender

3) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender

4) C:\ProgramData\bdch

5) C:\ProgramData\BDLogging

6) C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender

7) C:\ProgramData

(.bin files)

8) C:\Users\All Users\bdch

9) C:\Users\All Users\BDLogging

10) C:\Users\All Users\Bitdefender

11) C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\bdch

12) C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\folder named by email address for SafeBox

13) C:\Users\Guest\AppData

14) C:\Users\TECHNICAL\AppData\Local\ folder named by email address for SafeBox

15) C:\Users\TECHNICAL\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender

16) C:\Users\TECHNICAL\AppData

17) The corresponding entries in Windows Registry of above mentioned files/folders and much more. I tried manually to locate the Bitdefender entries in the Registry and found many of them.

You may have to manually locate them and delete them in windows Safe Mode. Otherwise you may need clean installation of Windows. :)

• Hmmm...... then the sure thing is that there are lot of remnants and left overs of the Beta version, because there was no proper standalone uninstall tool available for that. I posted that in the Beta campaign also but not responded as usual :rolleyes::)

https://my.bitdefender.com/en_us/my/#page=f...0169f3a7c45451e

So you have to uninstall it from the option from start menu which is recomended. But even then there remain many remnants of Bitdefender Files/Folders/registry entries on the System Drive.

Some of them I found and listed below

1) Rescue Mode files on the root of the System Drive.

2) C:\Program Files\Bitdefender

3) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender

4) C:\ProgramData\bdch

5) C:\ProgramData\BDLogging

6) C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender

7) C:\ProgramData

(.bin files)

8) C:\Users\All Users\bdch

9) C:\Users\All Users\BDLogging

10) C:\Users\All Users\Bitdefender

11) C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\bdch

12) C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Local\folder named by email address for SafeBox

13) C:\Users\Guest\AppData

14) C:\Users\TECHNICAL\AppData\Local\ folder named by email address for SafeBox

15) C:\Users\TECHNICAL\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender

16) C:\Users\TECHNICAL\AppData

17) The corresponding entries in Windows Registry of above mentioned files/folders and much more. I tried manually to locate the Bitdefender entries in the Registry and found many of them.

You may have to manually locate them and delete them in windows Safe Mode. Otherwise you may need clean installation of Windows. :)

Ok, thanks, I try this later, but if I want upgrade my BTS 2013 to 2014 and remove everything from registry and folders, I will can not use my license key from 2013 to 2014 version, so I must install 2013 and then run 2014 install, remove 2013 version, and install 2014. Am I right ? :)

• Ok, thanks, I try this later, but if I want upgrade my BTS 2013 to 2014 and remove everything from registry and folders, I will can not use my license key from 2013 to 2014 version, so I must install 2013 and then run 2014 install, remove 2013 version, and install 2014. Am I right ? :)

Upgrade for free from an older version to the New Bitdefender

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...ender--711.html

It is recommended that not to delete the registry keys initially.

• Upgrade for free from an older version to the New Bitdefender

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...ender--711.html

It is recommended that not to delete the registry keys initially.

Everything works ! :) I do everything what you say, clean registry manual, delete folders, then use ccleaner and argente utilities, I've install BTS 2013, then run install BTS 2014, and everything works fine :) Thanks for help ONT :) When I clean registry I found few "bitdefender beta" entry, and delete them. Thenks alot :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

@ Bloobik: We are glad to notice that the situation was resolved. Thank you for taking the time to reply with your results! :)